Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Alexandria, MN

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m not sure what your route is but there is a chademo in Morris and a Supercharger in Baxter that might make it workable.

That must be pretty new, doesn't even show up in the Greenlots app. Plugshare showed it which is how I found out it's Greenlots. I've been waiting for the Alex supercharger to be finished so I could easily go visit my old alma mater. Nice to know there's a chademo option just North of the U. I recently got the chademo adapter for my Model 3, I should finally break it out.

That must be pretty new, doesn't even show up in the Greenlots app. Plugshare showed it which is how I found out it's Greenlots. I've been waiting for the Alex supercharger to be finished so I could easily go visit my old alma mater. Nice to know there's a chademo option just North of the U. I recently got the chademo adapter for my Model 3, I should finally break it out.
If you haven't already, you should definitely try it out on a local station before relying on it for a trip. I've seen a few reports of people having a bit of trouble because the CHAdeMO cable wouldn't fit quite right or lock on to the adapter. IIRC, the consensus seems to be that the plastic housing on some adapter units was just slightly out of spec.

If you haven't already, you should definitely try it out on a local station before relying on it for a trip. I've seen a few reports of people having a bit of trouble because the CHAdeMO cable wouldn't fit quite right or lock on to the adapter. IIRC, the consensus seems to be that the plastic housing on some adapter units was just slightly out of spec.

Oh for sure. I'd run to a local Coborns or Goodwill to try it out first.

It looks like all the V3 hardware is going to Canada right now to finish the TCH sites. Once those are all geared up (and almost all of them are now), it'll start moving out to other locations that are also waiting. I don't know if the I-94 sites will get finished in time for Thanksgiving, but before Xmas/New Year's seems likely to me for at least a few of them (Alex included). Well, barring any delays with utility power.

It looks like all the V3 hardware is going to Canada right now to finish the TCH sites. Once those are all geared up (and almost all of them are now), it'll start moving out to other locations that are also waiting. I don't know if the I-94 sites will get finished in time for Thanksgiving, but before Xmas/New Year's seems likely to me for at least a few of them (Alex included). Well, barring any delays with utility power.

mociaf9 is exactly correct. The current plan with the utility is for the power to be connected "by the end of the year." (transformer, meter, etc.) Of course, this is "Elon's timeline" we're talking about here, especially since all this was supposed to be finished by Q3, so take it FWIW. But it's the timeline set up with the utility currently, so hard to argue with anything else.

The last one in the Western Canadian chain is due to be completed by next week. All the equipment is in place and it is being wired as I type. Not so sure on the Ontario leg, but "I think" they have all their equipment & pedestals in place. The holdup is with the utility company. SO, there should not be a shortage of equipment due to that.
My hope is for you folks and all of the I 90/94 & I 29 sites to get the equipment & pedestals really soon.

The Brandon SuC is completed, however, they still need an inspection by the Utility Company as well as Tesla testing by the "Men in Black". They blew a hose on one of their trucks (-16 overnight), holiday here for Remembrance Day (no mechanics), so they are doing paperwork today and will finish clean up of the site tomorrow. Spent 15-20 minutes talking to them. Really a great crew.

mociaf9 is exactly correct. The current plan with the utility is for the power to be connected "by the end of the year." (transformer, meter, etc.) Of course, this is "Elon's timeline" we're talking about here, especially since all this was supposed to be finished by Q3, so take it FWIW. But it's the timeline set up with the utility currently, so hard to argue with anything else.
Q3 2015 ;)

• Funny
Reactions: MarkoC
The Brandon SuC is completed, however, they still need an inspection by the Utility Company as well as Tesla testing by the "Men in Black". They blew a hose on one of their trucks (-16 overnight), holiday here for Remembrance Day (no mechanics), so they are doing paperwork today and will finish clean up of the site tomorrow. Spent 15-20 minutes talking to them. Really a great crew.

So where do they go next after Brandon ?

Reactions: JustinG
There are a few locations fairly isolated along the TCH - Dryden, Ignace, Upsala, Nipigon. The point is the crew doing installs in Canada is not the ones working in ND/MN. (In fact, I think the crew doing TransCanada is split between east and west contractor companies somewhere around Thunder Bay; an earlier ND post mentioned the crew there came from Kentucky or somewhere like that). The main point is that if the 20 or so sites on the TCH have been taking much of the Bufffalo supercharger factory's output, they should be done with that and there should be equipment available to install on those pretty concrete bases any day now.

You can see numerous pictures of the crew doing the installs across the Canadian prairies, and the same company Asiil) that dug the sites and put in the conduit and concrete bases also came back to install and wire up the big white Tesla boxes and then the pedestals. The question is - does the same apply down there? Are the Kentucky crew coming back to install? If not, who?

Meanwhile, watch Deep River near Ottawa. Apparently one pedestal is turned on and some Model X - allegedly from Tesla - had been connected for several days. going east to west, first to be powered up.

• Informative
Reactions: VIKING26
I looked at all of the threads yesterday for the trans-Canada hwy. Almost all had pics of pedestals installed. And those that didn’t are in the middle of nowhere. Meaning hardware for that leg is done. Please let Alexandria be next to receive cabinets.