Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Ardmore, OK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mark me as 50% probable. And... I need more logistical details. They are probably in this thread, but I seem to be unable to pin them down.

Thanks!

Danal
(Tesla owner for 1 week now! Woo Hoo!)

Glad to have you. Just be at the Ardmore Supercharger by 1. I'll plan to be there around 12:30. It's about 95-100 miles from North Dallas on I-35 all the way. Once open, it should be listed on the Supercharger map in the car, so you won't even need directions!

We'll celebrate the opening, get some pictures and have lunch. Those of us who stay long enough will be able to welcome the Shamrock pioneers back.

Do you know why Onyx Theaters is not listed on Tesla's Find Us map?

I believe the Find Us lists HPWCs that Tesla supplied through it's destination program, not ones that were purchased outside the program. Of course, the website isn't noted for its accuracy, so it could also have been an oversight.

Tesla's official website supercharger map claims 401 chargers open. Are they counting some twice, or are we missing something? Unfortunately they don't use the same rigor as Blue Shift when they update their site so it's hard to tell. None of the stations I'm tracking were mysteriously added. Dammit.

If Ardmore is opened tomorrow, it will be the 400th supercharger station. Quite a milestone for Tesla.

Yes, I was using Blue Shift's map to tally, which is at 399. I suspect that a couple new stations were added in Asia that weren't included on his map. Still a remarkable achievement, for those of use who've owned a MS for a long time and have seen supercharging start at 0.

We were planning on leaving today, to make Shamrock tomorrow. Since nobody could confirm if we can charge there, I called Tesla. He connected me to the Super Charger team, and I was told "Until the construction icon is gone, you can't use it." I explained I only have the 60 battery, and there is no where else around there to charge. I also said I know other owners have used the chargers before the official openings. His response was "They are paving. There is no way you can get to the charger today, sorry."

Unless somebody can show me pictures, or tell me different; I don't think I can make this trip...

There will be sizable stack of Teslas there if the SC it isn't online. :eek:
Hehe.

Since you have an 85, it's not a big deal -- I have done the Ardmore round trip without a Supercharger and it's easily possible at highway speeds. And if you like like faster than highway speeds, there's an HPWC just off I-35E in Denton for a quick charge before you get home.

And there are several RV parks nearby, so you have lots of options -- it's a perfect way to obliterate your range anxiety.

Alas I will be on the 2nd half of a trip (and a range charge) tomorrow. Not Shamrock, some other deal I have to do. I'd probably make it fine but it would be slow trip back without free Ardmore electrons. I'll look up that Denton HPWC just in case.

- - - Updated - - -

Hehe.

Since you have an 85, it's not a big deal

Hey, I think up-thread you're the pics returning home from an Ardmore round trip on fumes from a head wind. :) :)

- - - Updated - - -

I hope there are some strong no-parking signs.

Yep, if that's where they put the supercharger, expect it to be ICED with some regularity. Hoping purplewalt took a few pics.

Some pictures of us charging. Note the 1A station is actually the farthest away from the cabinets. 3B is a bit slow

Attachments

• tmp_13776-IMG_20150313_155443338903594.jpg
    tmp_13776-IMG_20150313_155443338903594.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 307
Yes, I was using Blue Shift's map to tally, which is at 399. I suspect that a couple new stations were added in Asia that weren't included on his map. Still a remarkable achievement, for those of use who've owned a MS for a long time and have seen supercharging start at 0.
Actually the reverse is true, there are 3 Chinese superchargers on supercharge.info that are still missing from teslamotors.com.
Which is why the teslamotors.cn supercharger number is higher.

Hey, I think up-thread you're the pics returning home from an Ardmore round trip on fumes from a head wind. :) :)

:) It was a bug in the software and I *may* have been going faster than highway speeds. ;) I did make it home with 25 miles range remaining.

Yep, if that's where they put the supercharger, expect it to be ICED with some regularity. Hoping purplewalt took a few pics.
This is the far corner of the parking lot, so it's least likely to be iced. When I was there, it was at the end with free spots.