Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Aulac, NB

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dangit, I was hoping theyd be further along by now. :(

Yes, a fair bit slower than expected, given the Tesla gear is on site. (47 days since posted on supercharge.info) For a local company hoping to maybe cash in on more locations, not a good sign for them. 30 days is the norm for this stage of work from what I've seen. Delays happen yes, but not usually due to the electrical contractor...

Yes, a fair bit slower than expected, given the Tesla gear is on site. (47 days since posted on supercharge.info) For a local company hoping to maybe cash in on more locations, not a good sign for them. 30 days is the norm for this stage of work from what I've seen. Delays happen yes, but not usually due to the electrical contractor...
Well there were several posts stating that there was quite a bit of rain.

I stopped by just after 10 this morning en route to PEI and the first Supercharger stanchion was in place. We watched the four workers start to move the charger cabinets into place on the concrete platforms. Three photos here:

Aulac 071718 - Google Drive

and I have a video of them moving the cabinets if I can figure out how to upload and link it.

I stopped by just after 10 this morning en route to PEI and the first Supercharger stanchion was in place. We watched the four workers start to move the charger cabinets into place on the concrete platforms. Three photos here:

and I have a video of them moving the cabinets if I can figure out how to upload and link it.
Probably the easiest way is to grab a YouTube account and upload it there.

They all work fine for me. You probably need to be logged into a gmail account. Best way to view them is to right click and select "Preview."

First bollard in New Brunswick, a truly historic sighting!

Opening date prediction: August 21st. 8 days after I leave to drive back to Toronto :)

Would that not just be the case. I am travelling to PEI end of this month. I guess fat chance this will be available by then. I mean there is still 10 working days (no weekends included) left in the month. So maybe! I guess a Tesla supercharger tech has to test the system after it is complete and hooked up to power before it gets opened to drivers. So that may take some time. Fingers crossed.

Would that not just be the case. I am travelling to PEI end of this month. I guess fat chance this will be available by then. I mean there is still 10 working days (no weekends included) left in the month. So maybe! I guess a Tesla supercharger tech has to test the system after it is complete and hooked up to power before it gets opened to drivers. So that may take some time. Fingers crossed.
My money is on the construction being completed before the end of this month, but the power hookup and testing will probably take another week or three after that.

I guess a Tesla supercharger tech has to test the system after it is complete and hooked up to power before it gets opened to drivers. So that may take some time. Fingers crossed.

Power hook up from the power company is usually the delaying factor once these projects have broken ground. That step (waiting on the power utility) can and has taken weeks or even more than a month in the USA.

Be prepared for the construction to be complete but for the station to sit waiting for NB Power to get their butts out there to connect things.

Once NB Power has connected it, though, Tesla is pretty good at getting someone out to "commission" sites PDQ, in my experience--but that varies by remoteness of the station.

So, at this stage of construction, it looks like it's only days or maybe a week for Tesla's contractors to finish construction, clean up the lot, etc.

Then I predict it will be at least a week, possibly more before NB Power gets a crew out there. This is an unknown quantity at this point, because this is the first station in NB, but NB Power has put in CHAdeMO stations along the TransCanada because the president of NB Power apparently has an EV and is a proponent of EVs generally, so maybe they will be quicker than, say, the people in Maine were with the Brewer station (which I think sat dark for a while after finishing construction--or maybe I'm misremembering that).

Then Tesla has to get a tech out there. Normally that seems to be fast, but we're talking about the most remote station they have in the east. Will the northern New England guy take a car and drive up? Will they send someone from the Quebec region to drive down? The tech who commissions the site needs a Tesla so... It's at least one day from the states (I doubt they have any cars in Maine--probably would have to drive from Boston), a day from Quebec City, 2 from Montreal, just to drive there. Then a few hours to confirm all is good and light up the map. Given it's such a long drive, they might not have a tech to spare right away (this will take the tech out of range for doing any other useful work for a minimum of 2 days, probably 3--unless s/he is coming up through Maine, in which case s/he could theoretically do any service needed on the Maine stations).

In other words, Tesla is probably maybe a week or two away from being done all its parts.

NB Power could add another week or 4 to the timeline.

I find it odd that in the week between June 26 and July 3 there were 36 updates on supercharger.info, but in the last week there have been just 3 (worldwide). I know 'natural variability' can look odd, but I have to wonder whether the SC pipeline is being turned down along with other development investments at Tesla.

I find it odd that in the week between June 26 and July 3 there were 36 updates on supercharger.info, but in the last week there have been just 3 (worldwide). I know 'natural variability' can look odd, but I have to wonder whether the SC pipeline is being turned down along with other development investments at Tesla.

I was assuming @BlueShift was just on vacation or busy with something else.

That website is not official - but crowdsourced by all of us. It has NOTHING to do with Tesla - who continue to build lots of charger locations that never show up on that website until they are open...