Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Bairnsdale, Vic

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Cross-quoting from Cann River thread
I’ve just been in contact the council and they told me the Superchargers are about to be installed in the Ward street area of Cann River, ... plus SC’s at Bairnsdale at McDonald’s.”

The 101-121 Main St address that's quoted for the 50kW DCAV charger seems to be a council owned carpark that runs along the back of McDonalds, so possibly collocated like Cann River seems like it will be.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Chuq
Cross-quoting from Cann River thread

The 101-121 Main St address that's quoted for the 50kW DCAV charger seems to be a council owned carpark that runs along the back of McDonalds, so possibly collocated like Cann River seems like it will be.
From Plugshare, construction of the 50kW DC charger had started by July 27th at 121 Nicholson St, Bairnsdale.
121NicholsonSt.jpg

Possibly an inkling in the latest East Gippsland Council update that superchargers will be coming in the coming months.
(Also an Evie charger in Bruthen, to go along with Paynesville which has just opened, and additional Chargefox sites in Lakes Entrance and Buchan)

Reactions: cafz
I’m guessing the inkling refers to: “External electric vehicle charging providers, including Tesla, will also be augmenting the network in the coming months.” I assume this reflects the current status and isn’t just that they haven’t updated it since Cann River was installed?

I think Cann River was publicly known for a while because they had to do a public notice. Haven’t heard anything about any other land since?

Can it open within 3 months with no town planning approval yet?
Depending on the application, it's fairly hit or miss as to whether council planning approval is required (or if it is required, sometimes it can be done by council staff and isn't advertised publicly). So yep - sometimes we only know it's happening when there is physical activity sighted, which *can* be as little as 2-4 weeks from start to finish - but that's pretty rare.

Spotted by Perran Cook - posted on Tesla Model 3 & Y Australia FB group:

View attachment 993861

Looks like it may be here: 37°49'28.0"S 147°37'57.8"E · 2 Nicholson St, Bairnsdale VIC 3875, Australia
Just for reference note this is a private carpark.

Screenshot_20231126-184840.png

Which would be why we never saw a council lease public notice as we saw for Cann River Tesla Supercharger, in the same council region, and similar public notice for Evie's chargers in Bairnsdale.

• Informative
Reactions: Chuq and moa999
Just for reference note this is a private carpark.

View attachment 993865

Which would be why we never saw a council lease public notice as we saw for Cann River Tesla Supercharger, in the same council region, and similar public notice for Evie's chargers in Bairnsdale.
Surely could have gone 6 or 8 instead with 2 cabinets 🤔 or at worst 4.

At this stage, I think we just have to be happy with something on that route.

Reactions: Stratman and moa999