Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Beaver, UT

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The old V2 site is currently listed as "Temporary Closure":

IMG_20220703_174518244crop_HDR.jpg

Whether or not this will be permanent, I have no idea.

The new twenty-four stall V3 site is running as usual:

IMG_20220703_174539638crop_HDR.jpg

I would guess they will upgrade the existing V2s to V3s once they get batteries and solar on site. The superchargers pulled too much from the grid a few years ago and killed the entire city.
Tesla never** does that.

**Besides their initial testing deployments of V3 equipment at fully Tesla owned properties (e.g. the Fremont factory and LA design studio), there's only 1 other site where they removed the old V2 equipment and then rebuilt the site with V3 (New York JFK, NY).

Reactions: jsight and Fiver
Tesla never** does that.

**Besides their initial testing deployments of V3 equipment at fully Tesla owned properties (e.g. the Fremont factory and LA design studio), there's only 1 other site where they removed the old V2 equipment and then rebuilt the site with V3 (New York JFK, NY).
Kettleman City also started out as V2 and got a partial upgrade to V3, but that’s the only other example I can think of. If it looks like this is going to happen in Beaver, I’ll reopen it in supercharge.info.

Reactions: jsight
Kettleman City also started out as V2 and got a partial upgrade to V3, but that’s the only other example I can think of. If it looks like this is going to happen in Beaver, I’ll reopen it in supercharge.info.
Kettleman is also one of the few supercharger locations that Tesla owns outright. I only listed Fremont and the design studio in my original comment as examples but could just as easily have changed one of them to Kettleman City without altering the statement at all.

Tesla never** does that.

In Asheville, NC they added 4 v3 stalls to an existing 8 stalls V2. They didn't replace any existing ones though.

I was there yesterday, since last time I was there a few years ago the car wash has been demolished and 24 stalls added. The original 8 stalls covered up. Seems they are building something in front of the original stalls, maybe another Tesla convenience store, and/or restaurant similar to the ones in California? It is a busy location. I like starting rumors. 😝

I was there yesterday, since last time I was there a few years ago the car wash has been demolished and 24 stalls added. The original 8 stalls covered up. Seems they are building something in front of the original stalls, maybe another Tesla convenience store, and/or restaurant similar to the ones in California? It is a busy location. I like starting rumors. 😝
No need to speculate. There’s a banner telling you what it is. ;)

IMG_3130.jpeg

Last edited: