Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Beaver, UT

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Having been to both Mt. Shast locations, they are definitely different locations and deserving of two pins. This one feels like some of the other V2 locations that have had V3 stalls added, for which Tesla only displays one pin.

Having thought about this some more, I think this should probably count as two locations on supercharge.info, mostly to be consistent with how Tesla has it marked.

Anyone know why this showed up today in SuperCharge.info's list as Just Opened?
Some realignment of how SC.info are listing a few locations to match Tesla's. Tesla shows this location as 2 separate sites instead of a single big one, so an editor for SC.info changed their database to match.

See: Superchargers visited 3.0

Last edited:
Some realignment of how SC.info are listing a few locations to match Tesla's. Tesla shows this location as 2 separate sites instead of a single big one, so an editor for SC.info changed their database to match.

See: Superchargers visited 3.0
Ahh, you are right. Supercharge.info now have a 8 stall V2, and a 24 stall V3 listed. They are so close together that you have to zoom in to find them both. I was also very confused!

Anyone know why this showed up today in SuperCharge.info's list as Just Opened?

We’ve been discussing this in the Superchargers Visited (and 3.0) thread(s) for the past several days. It aligns with Tesla’s master list (the car’s nav), which lists New Beaver and Old Beaver as two locations.

Question for anyone with paid Supercharging who has charged at both new and old Beaver locations: how does it show up in your Tesla Account charging history?

Reactions: Cameron A
We’ve been discussing this in the Superchargers Visited (and 3.0) thread(s) for the past several days. It aligns with Tesla’s master list (the car’s nav), which lists New Beaver and Old Beaver as two locations.

Question for anyone with paid Supercharging who has charged at both new and old Beaver locations: how does it show up in your Tesla Account charging history?
Here a session from the V3s. I also used the V2s but don't think I stayed plugged in long enough to fire off a bill since I was >90% soc.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210829-125814_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210829-125814_Chrome.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 93

I charged at Beaver, Utah this summer. Both the V2 and V3 stalls are in the same convienence store parking lot (it is a big parking lot), for a total of 32 stalls. As many supercharging stations in Utah are 6 stalls, this location is a little surprising. I guess it is well situated for travel between Phoenix and SLC, but 24 plus 8 stalls seems to be very future proofed.

I charged at Beaver, Utah this summer. Both the V2 and V3 stalls are in the same convienence store parking lot (it is a big parking lot), for a total of 32 stalls. As many supercharging stations in Utah are 6 stalls, this location is a little surprising. I guess it is well situated for travel between Phoenix and SLC, but 24 plus 8 stalls seems to be very future proofed.
Beaver started out as four V2 stalls back when Teslas doing road trips were still uncommon. Because it is a major node on I-15 between Salt Lake City and Las Vegas (and Southern California) it started getting crowds and lines. Tesla added a several temporary pallet Superchargers to reduce the lines, then built four more permanent V2 stalls. Lines, especially during holiday travel, continued to be a problem at that location. So, Tesla got ahead of the problem, as you suggest, and trucked in twenty-four prefab V3 stalls and dropped them in place by crane — you can see pictures of the process upthread. Unlike many other locations, I think they really have "future proofed" the Beaver location, at least for several years. The question now is "when will the first line form at the expanded Beaver Supercharger Station?" (Perhaps it already has.)

An anecdote: Back when I first charged at the four stall Beaver location in 2016, Teslas were sufficiently uncommon on that stretch of I-15 that the owner of the carwash, from whom Tesla leased the site, came out to visit with us and ask how we liked our cars. Things sure have changed, so far as Teslas and road trips go!

Last edited:
Beaver started out as four V2 stalls back when Teslas doing road trips were still uncommon. Because it is a major node on I-15 between Salt Lake City and Las Vegas (and Southern California) it started getting crowds and lines. Tesla added a several temporary pallet Superchargers to reduce the lines, then built four more permanent V2 stalls. Lines, especially during holiday travel, continued to be a problem at that location. So, Tesla got ahead of the problem, as you suggest, and trucked in twenty-four prefab V3 stalls and dropped them in place by crane — you can see pictures of the process upthread. Unlike many other locations, I think they really have "future proofed" the Beaver location, at least for several years. The question now is "when will the first line form at the expanded Beaver Supercharger Station?" (Perhaps it already has.)

An anecdote: Back when I first charged at the four stall Beaver location in 2016, Teslas were sufficiently uncommon on that stretch of I-15 that the owner of the carwash, from whom Tesla leased the site, came out to visit with us and ask how we liked our cars. Things sure have changed, so far as Teslas and road trips go!
I don't know of a first line but my buddy went through a couple weekends ago and said there were only 4 stalls open on the V3 chargers. He didn't check the V2. I thought this would be pretty future proof but we might be hitting a line sooner than we think, especially on a holiday weekend. The good news is that, with so many stalls, a line should go super quick instead of building up. I think the longest line I saw mentioned on the Utah FB page was something like 12 cars. Hopefully we get a few more locations between SLC and Vegas so Beaver doesn't become a bottleneck again in the future, however far out.

Word is the Chevron owner put bags over the chargers again. Not due to billing issues, but they believe the Tesla Superchargers are pulling too much power and causing issues at the transformer.
Honestly it seems like a solid suspicion. They installed many new v3 stalls and then Labor Day weekend was the first time they had something close to a packed house and it overloaded the electrical.

Reactions: DavidB and MarcoRP
According to some comments on FB I learned the following:
1- Chargers are all back up and running again.
2- Payment issue wasn't between Tesla and owner, it was between owner and son. Apparently (according to some people), the payments were being made but the son wasn't informing the dad as they had a dispute so the dad believed they weren't getting paid. Anyway, take it with a grain of salt. Not that it really matters now, but still.

Reactions: Phlier and CO_MY
According to some comments on FB I learned the following:
1- Chargers are all back up and running again.
2- Payment issue wasn't between Tesla and owner, it was between owner and son. Apparently (according to some people), the payments were being made but the son wasn't informing the dad as they had a dispute so the dad believed they weren't getting paid. Anyway, take it with a grain of salt. Not that it really matters now, but still.
That's the exact same story we heard last time this happened in Beaver in July 2019. Are you sure that's recent information?

Screenshot_20210908-182704_Chrome.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: CO_MY and PLUS EV