Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Belleville, ON

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe not. It took absolutely 4ever to turn on the Barrie-Bayfield one

Exactly - sometimes these sites like 99% down and they sit there for a month or two before being turned on. Other times they are turned on very quickly.

Nobody said it was up and running, or about to be up and running. We noted that they put it together rather briskly with almost all of the physical labour and installation completed in less than 30 days.

Not sure what your maybe not and exactly are referring to. You think this is a false flag supercharger? :)

+1 for charging options on Hwy 7 between Toronto and Ottawa. This route is great for avoiding the boring 401 drive.
Absolutely agree! As far as i'm concerned, they can take some of the units from one of the 2 Barrie sites for this. Crazy putting two spots in Barrie!
I get it, they assume lots of people head to the hills on weekends but surely, one would think important mid way points between our biggest cities should have taken priority over resort places. Geez!

Absolutely agree! As far as i'm concerned, they can take some of the units from one of the 2 Barrie sites for this. Crazy putting two spots in Barrie!
I get it, they assume lots of people head to the hills on weekends but surely, one would think important mid way points between our biggest cities should have taken priority over resort places. Geez!
They do. That's why they just built a Belleville supercharger. The 401 is the preferred route to Ottawa for most.

Reactions: Avronp
Love to know the status - anyone in the area over the weekend - pictures please. They are moving quickly on this SC. Bit of luck the inspection and final setup will go just as fast.
it's not up and running but it's largely completed. Simply cosmetic touchups now. Lots of talk in belleville according to a friend in town about how Tesla is taking over the mall. The location gets plenty of visibility. Interesting how these used to be buried in the back of unpopular parking lots (PortHope, Cornwall etc) but now they're taking centre stage in a big way at highly visible locations (Sherway, Markville, Vaughan Mills, Pickering, Hamilton, Belleville)

it's not up and running but it's largely completed. Simply cosmetic touchups now. Lots of talk in belleville according to a friend in town about how Tesla is taking over the mall. The location gets plenty of visibility. Interesting how these used to be buried in the back of unpopular parking lots (PortHope, Cornwall etc) but now they're taking centre stage in a big way at highly visible locations (Sherway, Markville, Vaughan Mills, Pickering, Hamilton, Belleville)
Centre stage is arguable at Markville. If by visible from the road, you are correct but they are located in a place that no one ever parks if they are shopping unless it is 100% packed.

Being visible from the road is important. Also important is that the parking spots used are not in prime locations. Prime located spots are more likely to get ICE'd or used by people who don't really need to charge and simply want to park there. When someone really needs to charge, having a spot open is far more important than having a prime spot in the lot.

I'm sure it's progress but it looks like Belleville is going backwards...
Tearing apart the stalls and wiring all over the place. About 8 guys on site working today when I passed the area.

20180509_230636.jpg

Reactions: Shaz