Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@RobertSeattle Do you know if you get the free 30 minutes the next time without texting again? I’m wondering if they register your plate once then you can go in as a known plate.
I think it is per visit. When you do the text there is an auto reply that asks for your license plate and after a verification it says "Your parking session expires at <date> and <time>." I've added the number to my contacts so I can bring it up quick. Within the text reply is an option to extend the parking session - maybe that is when the $7 for 2 Hours would kick in.

Reactions: chrstna4
They offer 30 minutes free parking for cars with their “license plate registered”. Looking at the garage’s website, there aren’t details about how to do it but they do use license registration for monthly parking (rather than a sticker). Thirty minutes of charging would be a significant top-up.
Agreed, and I like that compromise. I wonder if this was a requirement from Tesla, and how long they will honor it ?

I think it is per visit. When you do the text there is an auto reply that asks for your license plate and after a verification it says "Your parking session expires at <date> and <time>." I've added the number to my contacts so I can bring it up quick. Within the text reply is an option to extend the parking session - maybe that is when the $7 for 2 Hours would kick in.
Great, you have to them your phone number so that they can sell it.

Was the exit experience seemless or did an attendant try to charge you anyhow?

I've been supercharging on occasion at this location and still thought the parking was free since the entrance/exit gate arms aren't down in use. I usually go to Dough Zone in the building anyways, but just assumed they hadn't started charging for parking since they weren't issuing the entry ticket. Has anyone actually gotten a parking violation in this garage? I've never seen anyone checking plates or doing any parking lot enforcement. I'm just likely clueless and didn't notice.

I've been supercharging on occasion at this location and still thought the parking was free since the entrance/exit gate arms aren't down in use. I usually go to Dough Zone in the building anyways, but just assumed they hadn't started charging for parking since they weren't issuing the entry ticket. Has anyone actually gotten a parking violation in this garage? I've never seen anyone checking plates or doing any parking lot enforcement. I'm just likely clueless and didn't notice.
Yeah I got a warning ticket on my windshield one time, I think they just checked the plates or something.

Reactions: chingwodapigu
Wasn’t sure exactly which thread to post this in, so this one seemed the closest.

Yesterday while driving by the Bellevue Fred Meyer, there was definitely a L3 charging facility going in at the south end of the Fred Meyer parking lot. I couldn’t tell if it was Tesla or EA as I was driving by. The site does not show as a “coming soon” site on the EA website and the Tesla store is nearby, so its possible this could be either. I live in Seattle so don’t go to this area often, but it should be pretty easy to tell which company is setting up there by the configuration of the foundations.

Wasn’t sure exactly which thread to post this in, so this one seemed the closest.

Yesterday while driving by the Bellevue Fred Meyer, there was definitely a L3 charging facility going in at the south end of the Fred Meyer parking lot. I couldn’t tell if it was Tesla or EA as I was driving by. The site does not show as a “coming soon” site on the EA website and the Tesla store is nearby, so its possible this could be either. I live in Seattle so don’t go to this area often, but it should be pretty easy to tell which company is setting up there by the configuration of the foundations.

Bellevue charging station.jpg

There is no attendant. There is no gate as you enter or leave that enforces payment. I have no clue how this parking management company enforces the payment rules.
Used this Supercharger location for the first time a few days ago. As others have noted, lots of negatives.

First of all, my car nav took me to 10333 NE 1st St, which entered from the east, and then informed me that the Supercharge was to my “right”. Which is a tiny parking lot for a dry cleaner, no SC pedestals there!

So I stop and look for TMC threads about this Supercharger to see there is some trick to finding it. I find this thread and scroll through and realize that the correct location is probably below the big retail/residential building to my LEFT.

I drive around the corner looking for the entrance to an underground garage and find it on 103rd Abe NE. Get a ticket, gate opens, drive through the first parking level, obviously not there, go down another level and see it.

Then I see that every SC stall is marked “COMPACT”. There are two stalls available, all other stalls filled with 3s and Ys. If I had been driving my X I don’t think I would have been able to exit my car after squeezing into a stall. Fortunately I was in my 3. But an S/X trying to charge between two adjacent stalls occupied by S/Xs? No way you could get out of your car except by crawling out the window.

So I start to charge and am wondering if I will have to pay to exit. Some posts upthread say no. Then I see signs on the wall next to each pedestal about texting a number, then entering another number, to I assume not have to pay to exit. I try that but get no response, have no idea how that works. If I recall correctly now there was also a URL shown on the sign, I access that on my phone but it is not clear to what to do.

I had to pay $7 to exit.

All in all not a great experience. I won’t use this location again. Was just passing through.

Yep, it’s pretty tight for a Model X, especially when the adjacent Model S isn’t centered in its spot. I had to climb out the passenger’s side when I visited back in 2021.

View attachment 814452
That looks almost like the usecase Elon used on stage during the Model X unveil.
1654756825725.png

So it seems Elon foresaw this problem and solved it for you. :)

Yep, it’s pretty tight for a Model X, especially when the adjacent Model S isn’t centered in its spot. I had to climb out the passenger’s side when I visited back in 2021.

View attachment 814452
I’ve heard of people using summon mode to back a car out of a spot when someone parked too close to get in their Tesla, maybe you could have backed it into the charging spot that way. You’d still need to be able to squeeze down one side or the other to plug in.

That is exactly the problem I was envisioning when I was at this Supercharger.
That looks almost like the usecase Elon used on stage during the Model X unveil.
Except that use case is for passengers entering/exiting the second row. Not the driver. And in the photo @Big Earl posted I suspect the S to the right of his X is so close that FW door would not open. And to the left of his X that pillar would prevent the other FW door from opening.

Really, this SC location is pretty poor.
In my experience summon won't back into anything that tight.
My experience is the same as yours.

But he probably could have used Summon to get his X out of that spot.

Except that use case is for passengers entering/exiting the second row. Not the driver. And in the photo @Big Earl posted I suspect the S to the right of his X is so close that FW door would not open. And to the left of his X that pillar would prevent the other FW door from opening.
Do you mean to say Elon stretched the truth by omitting the fact that his demo usecase was mostly hype without real life usage, since it works for rear passengers only, so if the driver cannot exit anyways, a simpler solution would have been to just let the passengers out before pulling into the tight spot? ;)

Perhaps whoever designed those supercharger spots believed Elon about FSD/summon, so they assumed most Teslas will just pull in and pull out by themselves. I guess this supercharger is just ahead of its time. ;)

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: gglockner
Do you mean to say Elon stretched the truth by omitting the fact that his demo usecase was mostly hype without real life usage, since it works for rear passengers only, so if the driver cannot exit anyways, a simpler solution would have been to just let the passengers out before pulling into the tight spot? ;)

Perhaps whoever designed those supercharger spots believed Elon about FSD/summon, so they assumed most Teslas will just pull in and pull out by themselves. I guess this supercharger is just ahead of its time. ;)
Techie me would sit in falcon seat, summon backward (summon set to tightest), and try exiting driver side falcon door. Of course, retract mirrors. On second thought, I’d prob have wife sit & summon.