Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Bend, OR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bend is kind of a EV waste land for chargers until the supercharger opens. If you have time to stop, my recommendation is to stop and charge at the Tetherow golf resort in the southwest part of Bend. They have a Tesla HPWC at 80 amps/204 volts. It is free to use. They have two very nice restaurants called the Grill and the Row. It's a pleasant way to spend an hour or two while waiting for the car to charge.

Bend locals, any status update on the SC? I'd like to travel through on my way to ID next week. If not, are there multiple CHaDeMO's in your area to choose from?

Reactions: melindav
Has anyone done the Redmond to Baker City leg? Anything to be aware of? I know one guy stopped at a State Park but he was spending the night. I'm trying to avoid I-84, just because I prefer to travel the back roads when feasible. We will be traveling to Pueblo, CO so will be on the Interstate plenty.

Has anyone done the Redmond to Baker City leg? Anything to be aware of? I know one guy stopped at a State Park but he was spending the night. I'm trying to avoid I-84, just because I prefer to travel the back roads when feasible. We will be traveling to Pueblo, CO so will be on the Interstate plenty.
Rocky_H has, further upthread
Supercharger - Bend, OR

I'll be doing it in August. I was in Redmond last week and the CHAdeMO was working.

I don't know if I missed it earlier but which battery do you have? An 85 or 90 charged all the way at Redmond should have no issues provided you don't try and set a new land speed record.

I don't know if I missed it earlier but which battery do you have? An 85 or 90 charged all the way at Redmond should have no issues provided you don't try and set a new land speed record.

I have an 85. I guess the best plan (assuming Bend SC is not up) is charge up at Sisters, then if Redmond CHaDeMO is out I can take it easy to Baker City. I'd rather take a nice, leisurely ride on 26 over spending a few hours in Burns. Thanks

• Disagree
Reactions: Tree95
I had not noticed it before, but there is a 40 amp HPWC in Prairie City, on US 26 148 miles from Redmond and 66 miles from Baker City. When I called today, the woman who answered the phone said it's been there since March and they're still waiting for someone to use it. I got the impression that staying at the hotel is not required, although they'd love it if you had a meal while in town. Historic Hotel Prairie, 112 Front St., Prairie City, OR, 541-820-8600, www.hotelprairie.com.

Reactions: ZachsDad
Received an invite from Kelby at Washington Square Mall to a Model X test drive event on July 2,3, and 4 at the Bend Supercharger to celebrate the opening. Kelby was not sure of the exact date the Supercharger would go "live" but was positive it would be live by 7/2.

Received an invite from Kelby at Washington Square Mall to a Model X test drive event on July 2,3, and 4 at the Bend Supercharger to celebrate the opening. Kelby was not sure of the exact date the Supercharger would go "live" but was positive it would be live by 7/2.

That's exciting! That probably means that they've got more of a hard time-line at this point. The last variable was getting the transformer installed. It sounds like that's done and now they're just waiting to get it energized and tested. Basically once it's out of the hands of the power company I expect it to go quickly.

A friend of mine with a Model S was traveling through Bend today, and he stopped by the SC site. He said there were three (Tesla?) techs there working on it, and they said to "check back later today".
Just rolled into Bend and the SC is up and running!!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    531.9 KB · Views: 101