Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Bridgewater, NJ

Which location would you prefer?

• West - Off of 202 (Wegman's, Ruby Tuesday's)

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • East - Off of 287 (Bridgewater Promenade/WaWa)

Votes: 16 33.3%
  • Central - Off of 202/28 (Bridgewater Mall, Barnes & Noble, Somerville Circle)

Votes: 25 52.1%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I passed by that one at bridgewater mall the other day by Macy’s there was no construction going on but there was a guy inside a pick up truck looking at me and my wife while we were in our model s. I noticed there’s a big container there hopefully it is a supercharger there it makes perfect sense

B1A17E8D-03AB-4A59-A8AE-E1BD469AFE5B.jpeg
The Basking Ridge supercharger should be up and running tomorrow. Tesla Power was there doing the final hookup today. Apparently they did not finish, so I expect they will be completing the work tomorrow.

We need more chargers along Route 78 to fill out the east-west travel in the state. A few on 287 would help as well.
I'm curious why you feel this. I've been driving a Model S since the beginning of 2013 and have never used a Supercharger in NJ out of necessity. The closest Superchargers that are useful to me for traveling are Newark, DE, Newburgh, NY, Carlisle, PA and one of the several in CT, depending on where I'm heading. I routinely do day trips to Philadelphia, Brooklyn etc and never feel the need to charge there since I have plenty of range for the round trip.

Reactions: jaguar36
I'm curious why you feel this. I've been driving a Model S since the beginning of 2013 and have never used a Supercharger in NJ out of necessity. The closest Superchargers that are useful to me for traveling are Newark, DE, Newburgh, NY, Carlisle, PA and one of the several in CT, depending on where I'm heading. I routinely do day trips to Philadelphia, Brooklyn etc and never feel the need to charge there since I have plenty of range for the round trip.
Good points and I agree. I was just thinking about people passing through the state on 78. It's a long distance between chargers on that road and it would be convenient to have more options.
Screenshot_20191014-175745_Chrome.jpg

PS: I also charge in Carlisle when driving west... never a problem re range.

I'm curious why you feel this. I've been driving a Model S since the beginning of 2013 and have never used a Supercharger in NJ out of necessity.
As someone who has been traveling to Bridgewater somewhat regularly (maybe 2-4x/year avg) since I got my Model S, I can say the charging infrastructure in that immediate area isn't the greatest. I get by on the superchargers in the surrounding area (Edison, Woodbridge, Basking Ridge), combined with overnight L1 at most of the hotels we've used. None of the superchargers are particularly close to where we stay or spend most of our time.

I know I could get a CHAdeMO adapter for an additional 2-3 options near the I-287 / Route 22 interchange, but it hasn't gotten to the point where it's worthwhile for me to do so, since the trips haven't been frequent enough.

As someone who has been traveling to Bridgewater somewhat regularly (maybe 2-4x/year avg) since I got my Model S, I can say the charging infrastructure in that immediate area isn't the greatest. I get by on the superchargers in the surrounding area (Edison, Woodbridge, Basking Ridge), combined with overnight L1 at most of the hotels we've used. None of the superchargers are particularly close to where we stay or spend most of our time.

I know I could get a CHAdeMO adapter for an additional 2-3 options near the I-287 / Route 22 interchange, but it hasn't gotten to the point where it's worthwhile for me to do so, since the trips haven't been frequent enough.

That's a heck of a lot better than many other places. From Bridgewater, it's 15 minutes to Basking Ridge, about 20 miles of consumption. It's 20 minutes to Edison, about 30 miles of consumption. It's not as convenient as a gas station; but that's not bad at all. Try being in New Hope, PA. Basking Ridge is still one of the closest superchargers!

Reactions: lensovet
That's a heck of a lot better than many other places. From Bridgewater, it's 15 minutes to Basking Ridge, about 20 miles of consumption. It's 20 minutes to Edison, about 30 miles of consumption. It's not as convenient as a gas station; but that's not bad at all. Try being in New Hope, PA. Basking Ridge is still one of the closest superchargers!
Yeah I find it hard to sympathize here. FYI there’s destination charging at two hotels in the area per Tesla – the Bernard’s Inn in bernardsville and Delta Hotels in basking ridge.
Yeah I can't really complain too much -- otherwise I would've splurged for the CHAdeMO adapter! And I know my options aren't terrible compared to some other places even in the same region. Edison is good except for Thanksgiving/Xmas traffic, and it's close to Harold's Deli. Woodbridge isn't much further than Edison, and that Wawa happens to have a good deal on Dr Brown's soda. :) And on my latest trip I learned that Basking Ridge is pretty good if I'm shuttling between Bridgewater and the Meadowlands on 78.

My post was in response to @JSergeant asking why people want more superchargers in central NJ. My main point was there aren't many good destination charging options right in Bridgewater / Somerville, so I have to go a bit out of my way to hit the nearby superchargers, and having more superchargers would of course make it easier. Then again, having more destination charging would help too!

Talk to the hotels where you stay – Tesla will pay for the install if I remember correctly.

It’s an application process. Back when I scoured the internet for Tesla permits, I saw a couple of open permits at hotels that were pending Tesla’s response. A friend got married at one recently and I spoke to them, was told they would’ve gladly installed one but never heard back from Tesla.

Shame on Tesla for not responding to a willing participant. But shame on a hotel for being too cheap to shell out a couple hundred of tax deductible money for chargers.