Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Broadway (Glebe) NSW

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My wife braved this on Monday evening for what will hopefully be our final public charge due to no garage.

But the price was rather eyebrow-raising. At 82c/kWh at peak times, is this Australia‘s most expensive supercharger?

Was eerie under there - rocked up, and there were a couple of cars plugged in. Then all the lights went out... had my brekky as usualy, and hit the road again. Charged up at Macquarie Supercharger on the way back home - which was obviously getting slammed, but was coping at around 1pm with only a couple minutes queue.

Anyone know why the foofer-valve at Broadway went splat yet?

Roughly what time did it go do down then?
No idea. I got there within a few minutes of 9am and it was like the proverbial Dodo... dead.

I'd never seen a dead supercharger before, and given their normal reliability, I reckon it was a special sight ;) Given that lighting was also affected, and they had the car park boomgates on permanent-open position, I am suspecting this was grid/substation related, as it was not just the supercharger offline. Lifts up to the shopping centre were also briefly out whilst I was there.

According to the app, the site is still offline @ 5pm today.

According to the PlugShare, it seems AC chargers are working
A PSA for anyone not familiar with the Broadway supercharger and the adjacent AC chargers, especially with folsk maybe starting to travel for Christmas and/or shopping and unfamiliar with this location.

If you are thinking to use the AC chargers as a "replacement" for the non-working Supercharger, the word is "Don't". Those AC chargers were already stupidly busy even with the supercharger in action - they will be pretty much unavailable to anyone hoping or planning to use them. Please find alternate charging elsewhere instead (Forest Lodge, Eveleigh, Macquarie Park even).

Last edited:
Reactions: Hairyman
If you are thinking to use the AC chargers as a "replacement" for the non-working Supercharger, the word is "Don't". Those AC chargers were already stupidly busy even with the supercharger in action - they will be pretty much unavailable to anyone hoping or planning to use them.

Translation: Buy a lottery ticket. You’ll get better odds.