Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Buena Park, CA - Beach Boulevard (LIVE 17 Jun 2020, 24 urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's quite dangerous. You can really spend a lot of money there. $12 margaritas at La Huasteca, $6 lattes at Basilur, $6 soft serve at Honey Mee and $10 cheese mini cheese cakes at that cheese cake place that way more than Uncle Tetsu.

I spent $4 for an espresso shot at the bakery / jeans shop.

And worst of all $13 dollars for mediocre ramen at Yoshiharu. That was pure robbery!

That was hilarious, thank you. I totally didn’t mean to conflate Asian malls with actual endangerment, I was just thinking about how someone else had posted that this mall is dead.

I’m totally excited about a supercharger with boba drinks instead of the usual walk to a Starbucks or the Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf at that other Downey location.

Don’t forget:

SRX_POPEYES_CHICKEN_SANDWICH_3_kVOfgNQ.jpg

Reactions: David99
The last time I visited that plaza was to get some ramen there. That place was not bad. The plaza was pretty dead empty for a Saturday afternoon. 1/2 of the spaces aren’t rented yet. The food court was sad.

hopefully it’s more lively since then.

Based on the comments about the how slow the mall is (it was slow the last time I was there a few years ago), I was at first thinking this was a poor location choice. Then the more I thought about it, I started wondering if the placement was because Tesla could get the rent cheap or even free as a way to help lure customers to the site.

Which doesn't really add anything to the conversation: just my avoiding-work-musings.

Slightly OT but maybe not....
The food court is different from the typical mall food court that all have the same chain fast food places. This food court has almost all independent food places. I believe most are Korean. Everything looked delicious, but I had no idea what to order. The English descriptions were limited. I'd love if some locals could make a few recommendations.

Scouting report. Main bank of 22 chargers still walled off with cones. The two across the stairs tried to charge but had no power. Pretty busy this afternoon, going to anticipate some angry ICEing when it opens.

I agree the placement is unfortunate. That level is where all the food places are and the most traffic is happening. There are two levels above it. Heck even the far side of the same level is less busy.

I agree the placement is unfortunate. That level is where all the food places are and the most traffic is happening. There are two levels above it. Heck even the far side of the same level is less busy.

For real, the chargers are right in front of the ramp and two stop signs. It’s gonna be wild when all spots are full and a queue of cars form.