Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Buena Park, CA - Beach Boulevard (LIVE 17 Jun 2020, 24 urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had planned to stop here on Friday on our way to Disneyland and "top off" before valet parking so that we didn't vampire drain too much. Only after Tejon did I realize it said "temp closed" (I had been using Abetterrouteplanner.com). Had I realized that, I would have pushed through to Santa Clarita and topped off there before heading down.

Turns out, that 2 hours of 10 MPH stop and go traffic on I-5 allowed us to arrive with 40% SOC, and sentry mode only ate up 20 miles on us. So it turned out ok! :)

Reactions: Jamesus
The entire site is ready. There is no work left to do. There is some bureaucratic or permitting issue. The hold up has nothing to do with the virus. The station has been sitting there for months before corona started.
And where are the people who would be processing permits?

That's right: they're out. Because of Covid-19.

If it wasn't done Tesla would not have placed the pin on the navigation system and marked it 'temporarily closed'. It is all done and ready. Someone just needs to flip a switch, but isn't allowed to (for some non technical/physical reason). This has absolutely nothing to do with the pandemic as it's been like this long before.

Just went live.
Some stalls are still taped off but I'm charging. IMG_20200617_193308.jpg