Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Burbank, CA - North Third Street (LIVE 14 Sep 2017, 20 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, the Supercharger situation in San Fernando Valley is getting even worse. I am sure tesla is fully aware of it but they need to hurry up with Sun Valley, Sherman Oaks, Northridge, Calabasas and add even more because is ridiculous.
I totally agree with you! It wasn't even during peak hours when I drove through. I left SG valley earlier but the SG SC was full so I didn't charge there either.

I rarely see the SF and Granada Hills chargers sit empty when passing by on 118/210. Not sure if the second Burbank location with only 8 stalls will make a dent though.
It will be a very small dent. It just 8 stalls in a very very busy area for electric cars (a hotspot). Its just 8 and out of those 8, 2 located at handicap spots right by the supermarket entrance. That would be a hassle to charge and I sure HOPE NOT but the ICE incidents would be left and right.

Reactions: DelPhonic1
Another crazy chaotic night at Burbank Supercharger. 9 cars in front of me and 8 behind me. I waited more than 25 minutes to plug in. There were 3 stalls out of service, 2 of those have been out since last week (come on Tesla-Burbank cannot afford to lose not even 1 stall). And when I left there were 19 cars in line including my best friend. The guy next to me pulled the window down and started chatting with me, he said/asked: why in the heck is Northridge, Thousand Oaks, Sun Valley and baby Burbank (aka 8 stalls 2 blocks away) taking so long. Don’t they see these crazy occupancy rate and wait times? To which I answer: ohh they know and why the delay? I have no idea.
39B51FB8-6AC7-4E8B-88ED-E385D4521956.jpeg

Related to Burbank, the only time I be seen it sort of empty is in the early morning hours and u fortunately most people work early morning the day after. And the issue with Burbank is that there are way too many Teslas (which is good) in the proximity of the supercharger. Most people by default will pick the closest one instead of driving north to SF which lately is swamped as well. The biggest issue i see here is: if you look at the only 3 superchargers in the whole San Fernando Valley, where are the located? Burbank on the extreme/east end, mission hills on the top/north part and San Fernando even more top/ north part. There is a huge unserved are of the valley and bunch of those Tesla drivers go to Burbank. This issue will not be solved until Sun Valley, The infamous Northridge and Sherman Oaks come alive. And sadly not everyone can charge at home.

This seems to happen at Burbank more and more often. How are the other chargers in the area when the line is this deep?
I didn’t check other chargers last night since i was meeting my wife at a restaurant close by. Other times i’ve noticed the Glendale and San Fernando chargers are always less busy. But after talking to a bunch of peeps in line in front of me about it, I could not believe that that many chargers (6ish)were truly inoperable at the same time. So i went in— the first “inoperable” charger I tried worked just fine— 150kwh speed pretty quick.

Reactions: Dave EV
I didn’t check other chargers last night since i was meeting my wife at a restaurant close by. Other times i’ve noticed the Glendale and San Fernando chargers are always less busy. But after talking to a bunch of peeps in line in front of me about it, I could not believe that that many chargers (6ish)were truly inoperable at the same time. So i went in— the first “inoperable” charger I tried worked just fine— 150kwh speed pretty quick.
should've tried the other ones too

should've tried the other ones too
That was my original intent. But ya gotta weigh the wife waiting thing, and I realized I had to go. I’m sure you get it. I had explained my intent to the 3 or 4 cars ahead of me that at least had their windows open. So they did see my success and hopefully tried the rest of the ‘inoperables’.

Charged yesterday during the day and only got about 35 w speed the entire time until full. Good thing i was grabbing a bite/drink and watching the 1st dodger game. This location is certainly faulty/problematic, yet extremely busy. Immediately as i plugged in, there appeared a 4 car wait behind me.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Dave EV
Or just charge at a different time. Sheesh.
Planning is good, until the NAV charger icon points to 2 stalls available. you head there and you encounter this. Planning becomes a fools errand. Life and travel doesn’t always allow for flex for everyone, as you easily infer.

Attachments

• 6C539FC8-16BF-45B7-AAEF-9BB6D9050FE2.jpeg
    6C539FC8-16BF-45B7-AAEF-9BB6D9050FE2.jpeg
    402.5 KB · Views: 34
Reactions: gaswalla