Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Calgary, AB - 130 Ave SE

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think the downtown location bumped this site down the priority list, as it slipped by a year, right around the time the City and Tesla likely would have entered formal discussions. EV registrations in Alberta did jump 65% in YoY ending March 31st and Tesla seems to err on the side of overbuilding in cities these days, so lets just be thankful they didn't backburner this site any longer (permit was good till next summer).

Reactions: Hugh Mannity
My name is Greg Genge, President Tesla Owners Club of Alberta (TOCA). TOCA is planning a grand opening event possibly this weekend as soon as we can confirm that they are open, we will then post the date and time of the event. Come by for coffee, donuts and a charge.

Attachments

• IMG_1353.jpeg
    IMG_1353.jpeg
    240 KB · Views: 36
Dropped by this morning to check it out. Getting into the plaza wasn't difficult - there was traffic from all the various places but the intersections weren't backed up.
DSC_3655.jpg
DSC_3658.jpg

I only preconditioned for about 10 minutes so it wasn't the best curve - typically I'd be seeing ~185kW at 30% SOC.

DSC_3659.jpg

Don't think the CrossIron location has trash bins so these are nice to have.

At least with per kWh charging, we now get screwed in a consistent ($0.59/kWh) manner, not withstanding that power prices in Alberta are completely nuts at the moment.
I paid $4 for about 15 minutes of charging. I never super charge so was shocked when I left.

I did the math and I could basically fill up 50% of my battery at home for that. I got 4% in 15 minutes.

Thankfully, Alberta power prices collapse next year is it will go back to being cheap.