Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Cann River, Vic

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hmm, technically no Tesla gear on site yet. I don’t want to mark as “construction” pre-empirically like I almost did with the Bondi Junction one!

Keep the photos coming :)
CannRiver.jpg

Update photo of current state of Cann River site. The three telltale Tesla concrete pads are present in the photo here.

Update photo of current state of Cann River site. The three telltale Tesla concrete pads are present in the photo here.

dVDJiez.gif

• Funny
Reactions: cafz and RichardV
Will a plugshare "Cann River Supercharger" site get created auto-magically from upstream source like supercharge.info?

I guess the etiquette for co-located sites is still two plugshare entries even though clicking on the right one in plugshare itself is problematic.
It will magically appear when the site goes live and Plugshare syncs with the official Tesla map data. Yep, there will be two entries (as one will be Tesla-synced and generally not directly editable, the other will be a standard crowd-sourced contribution).

• Helpful
Reactions: RichardV
Per the Princess Highway thread, appears the 50kW chargers will be installed in Coming Weeks.

Whereas "External electric vehicle charging providers, including Tesla, will also be augmenting the network in the coming months."
(Note that statement presumably refers to Cann River and Bairnsdale)

Last edited:
So I guess the question is whether lower-range Tesla's should attempt Moe -> Cann River. 310km should be doable in an SR+/RWD, but it doesn't leave a lot of breathing room. Hopefully Bairnsdale isn't too far off.
You can just charge at Sale if you are not tracking. Any sort of DC fast charger should allow all Teslas to run the coast road since it is only 163km from Cann River to Bega where you can pick up the NRMA charger or 243km to Narooma where you can pick up the Supercharger. Currently it is a 395km run from Sale to Bega, which is pushing it, certainly in my 2019 M3P without using hypermiling techniques.

Reactions: cafz
So I guess the question is whether lower-range Tesla's should attempt Moe -> Cann River. 310km should be doable in an SR+/RWD, but it doesn't leave a lot of breathing room. Hopefully Bairnsdale isn't too far off.
ABRP tells me I could do it with 13% left, or 8% left in poor weather (5 degrees, rain). That's with a 60 kWh RWD though - an earlier Model 3 (2019-2021) would be a bit tighter.

Reactions: Vostok
You can just charge at Sale if you are not tracking. Any sort of DC fast charger should allow all Teslas to run the coast road since it is only 163km from Cann River to Bega where you can pick up the NRMA charger or 243km to Narooma where you can pick up the Supercharger. Currently it is a 395km run from Sale to Bega, which is pushing it, certainly in my 2019 M3P without using hypermiling techniques.
Agree with all that. Can River to Cooma Supercharger is also easily doable if you're heading that way - 174km though a big elevation rise, but still well within the capabilities of even a 2019 SR+.

No more photos have appeared on Plugshare for a couple of weeks. I know it's a bit out of the way, but anyone heading through the region soon? Or seen pictures shared on other forums/groups?
The only real progress I have seen is the charger going in at Orbost. That is installed but not active yet. Hopefully that will be online very soon, will make travel in that area a lot better.

No more photos have appeared on Plugshare for a couple of weeks. I know it's a bit out of the way, but anyone heading through the region soon? Or seen pictures shared on other forums/groups?
If I go to Lakes Entrance for the PSM meetup on November 4th I may just go a bit further and check at least some of these out. Super excited to be able to do that run without stress or hassle! Of course without Orbost being online, it might be a real struggle for me to get to Cann River and back. Likely other people will have made it by then.

• Helpful
Reactions: Chuq and moa999
If I go to Lakes Entrance for the PSM meetup on November 4th I may just go a bit further and check at least some of these out. Super excited to be able to do that run without stress or hassle! Of course without Orbost being online, it might be a real struggle for me to get to Cann River and back. Likely other people will have made it by then.
The EVie charger at Port of Sale seems pretty reliable. Only 75kW, but a lifesaver!

Reactions: WoodWombat
I wouldn't be one but worried about doing Cann River to Narooma in our LFP RWD. From Bombala to Canberra 210 km about 55% and that's on a cold day. The very worse range we have achieved was 330km and that was going Bombala, Bega, Tilba, Bermagui, Bega back up the Brown mountain ( 10km all up) and home 👍