Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Charleston, WV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just took delivery of our P85 in Columbus, Ohio. The DS said they are still looking for a location for the Charleston, WV supercharger. They said the SC will be installed by 12/17/16 and that it has to be located near 24 hour services.

That would be awesome! We're traveling from Raleigh to Michigan on 12/21 so I hope it is done. Would save me over 250 miles of detour.

Just took delivery of our P85 in Columbus, Ohio. The DS said they are still looking for a location for the Charleston, WV supercharger. They said the SC will be installed by 12/17/16 and that it has to be located near 24 hour services.
Congrats on your P85! and thanks for the update. Be Great if they could have it in place and available for the upcoming Thanksgiving and Christmas travel season!

Until this becomes reality, any locals (or frequent travelers to the area) know where I can get an overnight charge? I'm going to be 120 miles short of being able to make the round-trip to and from, without access to a plug. No viable (greater than 19 mile per hour stations) along the route.

Charge point doesn't show much within walking distance, beyond a few J1772 units at dealerships that aren't available after hours, and my prior 'go-to' 120V at the Courtyard won't cut it (only have 24 hours to be parked to pick up the 120 miles needed). Thanks in advance for any advice.

It looks to me like Charleston and Cambridge are on the 2017 map now. But that map changes from time to time. In addition (for NE - SW travelers) the same WV gap is getting Morgantown and something between Morgantown & Charleston, maybe Weston?

That's awesome--I'd love to see one in Cambridge. If we're dreaming, something on I-79 between Morgantown and Charleston would help bridge the gap between Morgantown and Wytheville VA via US-19 and eliminate detouring through Charleston to charge. That's roughly 240 mountainous miles and outside the range of most Teslas, especially in cold weather. I definitely doubt any Model 3 will be able to make that trip without going through Charleston. Even a few destination chargers at a rest area would help until then.