Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Charlottesville, VA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was actually just by there today and drove up to the site. It looks complete as best that I can tell, no workers or anyone else there. The clear plastic bags that I had posted in one of my previous pictures were actually draped over each Supercharger stall so it's possible that the site still needs some sort of final inspection or "hand over" process before it is officially available for public use.

Reactions: willr79
I was actually just by there today and drove up to the site. It looks complete as best that I can tell, no workers or anyone else there. The clear plastic bags that I had posted in one of my previous pictures were actually draped over each Supercharger stall so it's possible that the site still needs some sort of final inspection or "hand over" process before it is officially available for public use.

Typically the Tesla logo is lit up once there is power to the chargers and also the power meter can reveal whether the final connections have been made. Did you try plugging in?

As of right now, Superchargers still covered in plastic, meter is not installed yet...
Cville meter.jpeg

I don't think Tesla does official ribbon cuttings for Superchargers, but we can always do an unofficial one. Is anyone planning one yet? If not, I can help take the lead.

Do we know if it is operational yet?

Johnny, back in the day Tesla did have offical ribbon cuttings (Glen Allen had a pretty good crowd on hand for the supercharger ribbon cutting!). Check out Richmond Virginia Supercharger location confirmed. It was a chance for Tesla to thank the local business establishment (on whose property the chargers were located), the County, and the State (usually Environmental) personnel who helped make it possible. But as the pace of supercharger installs picked up, Tesla could not devote enough of employee time to this effort. (Tesla may still have supercharger openings for selected sites, though - I do not have that info). So now some intrepid owners are doing their own ribbon cuttings (very cool idea!)