Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Chemult, OR - US-97 (permit approved Mar 2024, 8 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A Land Use Compatibility Statement has been issued for an 8 stall supercharger at the Diamond Lake Junction Cafe in Chemult. Tesla is still required to apply for a permit once it has been confirmed they can build at this site.

1705647163426.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Potential fallback option for keeping tabs on this one if we don’t have anyone going by such a remote area regularly:

This ODT camera is pointed towards at the cafe listed in the permit(behind the intersection in the background): https://tripcheck.com/RoadCams/cams/OR138 near US97 E_pid4844.jpg (image link should auto update if I understand how tripcheck works).

Obviously it’s pretty potato quality and might not show the part of the property the supercharger gets built in. But if they put a bunch of fencing up on the open north side of the lot, I think you could see that on here?

Potential fallback option for keeping tabs on this one if we don’t have anyone going by such a remote area regularly:

This ODT camera is pointed towards at the cafe listed in the permit(behind the intersection in the background): https://tripcheck.com/RoadCams/cams/OR138 near US97 E_pid4844.jpg (image link should auto update if I understand how tripcheck works).

Obviously it’s pretty potato quality and might not show the part of the property the supercharger gets built in. But if they put a bunch of fencing up on the open north side of the lot, I think you could see that on here?
Permit has been approved and is marked ready to issue. Also need to pay permit fees. Will be interesting to see if the camera catches the construction.
1709489637960.png

This would shave at least an hour off my drive from Boise to Coos Bay. Previously had to go Burns->Bend->Creswell and down I5 and over. Now I’d be able to go Burns cut across through Christmas valley to the diamond lake junction to charge then over 138 to Winston and over to the coast via highway 42. Shorter total mile route (536mi vs 562mi) and two supercharger stops instead of three. Huge improvement!