Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Chemult OR has pre-fab V4 although they are arranged as a pull through setup.
There’s prefab V4 near buffalo.

Reactions: GHammer
Yep. V3s. Plus, no one has seen (or posted) any pre-fab install V4s yet.
I figured if I said no one has seen pre-fab V4s yet, someone would post some examples right away! :) (3 unique examples were posted pretty quick.) Thanks.
Looks like pre-fab V4s are still pretty new, just the last couple months. The Chemult OR site is really interesting; not sure if I have seen a pull-thru pre-fab site yet.

Reactions: gene
So, about 230 miles with some elevation gain. I think you'll be fine as long as you keep your speeds around the speed limit. I'd spend the extra time to charge up to 99 or 100 percent in Page to be on the safe side. And I assume you have somewhere to charge in Mesa Verde lined up.

I actually went the other way a few years ago with a bit of a detour through part of Monument Valley on highway 162. I didn't drive fast or slow, and arrived in Page with about 5% charge left. It's about 12 miles more than the direct route, but it's also slower roads, which helps to stretch the range, and more scenic. If you don't mind about an extra half hour of driving, I'd recommend it. The Kayenta Supercharger would be great for this route as well.
Going to the mesa Verde RV park near entrance of national park still nervous though any wind plus extra hot ac blasting may force me to detour to bluff.. ABRP says keep below 60 to make it with 10%

I just ran the Moab to page / lake Powell leg stopped in bluff went through Mexican hat beautiful drive had a tail wind and nice weather got there easily

Going to the mesa Verde RV park near entrance of national park still nervous though any wind plus extra hot ac blasting may force me to detour to bluff.. ABRP says keep below 60 to make it with 10%

I just ran the Moab to page / lake Powell leg stopped in bluff went through Mexican hat beautiful drive had a tail wind and nice weather got there easily
Two things on the positive side of the ledger for your drive. Since you're going from west to east, you're much more likely to have a tail wind than a head wind, but no guarantee on that since it's weather dependent. Also, 10% on ABRP is a pretty good buffer in my experience, so I think you'll be okay. That said, there are various V2 charger options along the way, so maybe if you can time your stop with lunch at a place with a V2 charger, an hour of charging on a V2 could give you enough of a margin to be a lot more comfortable.

Fresh pictures from Kayenta:

IMG_20240626_143421585.jpg
IMG_20240626_143507678.jpg

So that looks like the right most post on the left PSU will move over to the ada stall and the presence of an extra precast base means they might take the left most post on that same PSU and move it to be a pull in stall maybe suitable for trailers depending on where the lane of traffic is. Otherwise it is odd for there to be an extra precast base.

I'm be making that drive from Page to Farmington in early July in my M3 LR. Bit worried about being able to make it. How low have you gotten on that drive?
I have done it quite a few times. If it's a windy day I usually slow down a bit. I have a 2018 LR RWD and have lost some range (maybe 11%) which makes it a little harder than it used to be. Looking forward to the Kayenta charger!