Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SuperCharger - Denton, Tx

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
But even eastbound I-10 needs something closer to halfway between Columbus and Lake Charles as well as near New Orleans. At least for us 60's.

John
The North Houston service center supercharger is out of the way but makes the route possible for 60's without stopping at CHAdeMOs on I-10.
When Slidell is built it takes care of the New Orleans area. The developer of Town Center confirmed the supercharger will be located there (see Slidell thread).

The North Houston service center supercharger is out of the way but makes the route possible for 60's without stopping at CHAdeMOs on I-10.
When Slidell is built it takes care of the New Orleans area. The developer of Town Center confirmed the supercharger will be located there (see Slidell thread).
At 156 miles, Houston North SC to the Lake Charles SC is possible, but probably only at speeds below the speed limit most of the time in a 60, I'd guess. Also, since the Houston North Service Center is out of the way, as you say, another SC nearer Baytown would also eliminate the detour.

John.

Gentlemen, Thank you for posting the pics! This will make charging easier when visiting my brother in Flower Mound. BTW note that unless they have changed it recently the lounge at the Houston gallery and supercharger is only open during business hours. I was informed they were planning a keypad entry for after hours but I don't think that has happened yet.

Only peripherally on topic, but...

Subject: City of Denton, TX: Press Conference: DME Announces Renewable Denton Plan

Press Conference: DME Announces Renewable Denton Plan
The Denton City Council and Denton Municipal Electric (DME) invite you to a press conference that will announce an exciting initiative, the Renewable Denton Plan.

Post Date: 10/02/2015

Press Conference: DME Announces Renewable Denton Plan

WHAT: The Denton City Council and Denton Municipal Electric (DME) invite you to a press conference that will announce an exciting initiative, the Renewable Denton Plan.

WHEN: Tuesday, Oct. 6
10 a.m.

WHERE: Patterson-Appleton Arts Center
400 E. Hickory St., Denton, TX

WHO: Honorable Mayor Chris Watts
Denton City Council
Denton Public Utilities Board
Phil Williams, DME General Manager

If you are unable to attend, you can join us on Periscope as we livestream the press conference at 10 a.m. Follow @cityofdentontx on Twitter.

###

Visit http://www.cityofdenton.com for more news and get connected at http://www.dentononline.com.

Incorrect REDDY. Denton has started construction!!! They just came from Plantation, FL. They said it will take 21 days. Pics:

Not sure what I was told was incorrect, which was 'That is up to Tesla....' . That's a pretty good non-answer.

Gents, the race is ON.

Amarillo vs. Denton

Amarillo accepts the Denton challenge.

Amarillo has a 3 day headstart.

Denton, is closer to the Service Center which has to activate the supercharger.

Anyone up for a betting pool on who wins ?

Yeah, what's the deal with Texas? Cain't never get nothin' done in this Big Oil state. [emoji12]

Answer is in your statement..."Big Oil State"

Difficult to accept electric cars...:wink:

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure what I was told was incorrect, which was 'That is up to Tesla....' . That's a pretty good non-answer.

Gents, the race is ON.

Amarillo vs. Denton

Amarillo accepts the Denton challenge.

Amarillo has a 3 day headstart.

Denton, is closer to the Service Center which has to activate the supercharger.

Anyone up for a betting pool on who wins ?

I am guessing Denton will win...what is the bet though

Answer is in your statement..."Big Oil State"

Difficult to accept electric cars...:wink:

Only for the politicians. I've yet to meet an individual who was against EVs. Quite a few had a range problem and want minimum 500-600 miles before they will consider one. I would love a 500 mile EV too. Faster charging and very usable where no quick charging is available (as opposed to, yes you can do it if you have patients).

I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but:

Musk did an interview in Denmark recently where he said he thought a battery with 1000km/600m range would be possible in a couple of years. He has said in the past that such a battery is already possible but prohibitively expensive, which is why they're not making such a thing yet. But as the Gigafactory begins to come online, Tesla's battery costs should start to drop. Musk has said they're confident they can get it down to $100/kwh by 2020. So, when people say they need such-and-such a range, we can say it's just around the corner.

Musk did an interview in Denmark recently where he said he thought a battery with 1000km/600m range would be possible in a couple of years. He has said in the past that such a battery is already possible but prohibitively expensive, which is why they're not making such a thing yet. But as the Gigafactory begins to come online, Tesla's battery costs should start to drop. Musk has said they're confident they can get it down to $100/kwh by 2020. So, when people say they need such-and-such a range, we can say it's just around the corner.

I am hoping such 600 mile range producing battery pack can be retrofitted to our cars in the future

Musk did an interview in Denmark recently where he said he thought a battery with 1000km/600m range would be possible in a couple of years. .

The context of the conversation was around hypermiling a Model S to ~500 miles on an 85, and something like a 100kWh battery in a few years could yield 600 miles (with a trucker bomb!)