Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Firebaugh, CA (I-5 / West Panoche Rd, LIVE 13 Nov 2020, 56 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you’re referring to 36 cents a kWh that’s pretty typical for V3 superchargers and even some V2 superchargers with Tesla’s recent price hikes.
$0.36 per kWh in Firebaugh is low compared to some other locations such as Oxnard, California, where it is $0.49 per kWh except for super off-peak hours. Firebaugh has only one rate for the whole 24-hour period,
If the solar canopies are offsetting some of the utility grid charges, the rates could be lower than the vast majority of the Superchargers that do not have solar.
Still I presume that the rates on the US 101 route are higher than the I-5 route because of the higher coastal property values.
I am unable to call up the rates on my Teslas as they are older models that have free Supercharging. Would like to know from users who have rate schedules on their Nav screens if this is correct.

Stopped last night. About ten people charging. First stall I tried didn’t work, but the other one I tried worked.

Ordered McDonalds from the app. Went right over and picked it up. Bathrooms in the McDonallds/Chevron were small and dirty. Long line for the ladies room. Gonna be a choke point when the supercharger is full.

Stopped last night. About ten people charging. First stall I tried didn’t work, but the other one I tried worked.

Ordered McDonalds from the app. Went right over and picked it up. Bathrooms in the McDonallds/Chevron were small and dirty. Long line for the ladies room. Gonna be a choke point when the supercharger is full.

Does it look like there will be a similar setup to Kettleman? Bathrooms, lounge etc?

Not sure why it lists 60 stalls...

I responded previously, but I didn't post my pic as I was traveling back from visiting. For those that keep asking about the 60 count, there are 60 spaces with 4 missing stations, although the pipes have been run. When they can complete the site it will have all 60.

IMG_2507.JPG

I didn't find the restrooms unclean or inconvenient, not as fancy as Kettleman or as capacious so maybe there could be lines, don't know

IMG_2508.JPG

No lounge, but fast food is DANG close, as close as these restrooms on the other end of the station

Last edited:
I responded previously, but I didn't post my pic as I was traveling back from visiting. For those that keep asking about the 60 count, there are 60 spaces with 4 missing stations, although the pipes have been run. When they can complete the site it will have all 60.

View attachment 609143
Nope. Those stubs are for off-brand EV chargers. If I'm not mistaken there should be 9 of those stubs

• Informative
Reactions: goldengate
Not sure why it lists 60 stalls...

20201114_201826-jpg.608493

May be counting future L2's.

In a previous thread, there was a mention of a limitation of 14 converters on 1 M Watt on each branch,
but in Changai there is already a supercharger with 15 converters of 1 M Watt:

Tesla raises the bar with 60-stall Supercharger station in Gigafactory Shanghai

May be there will some additional spots on the north area
where it seems there are still some space available?

Last edited:
Reactions: RTPEV
Oh, for sure. The FUDsters got quite a bit of mileage out of last Thanksgiving's Kettleman City bottleneck:

More Teslas on the Road Meant Hours-Long Supercharger Lines Over Thanksgiving

and they continue to point to this as if it's a daily occurrence at all Superchargers.
Doesn't seem like FUD, after all it is true that the holidays show pain points in the Supercharger network, though they could've done better by describing how fast Kettleman City's lines move. I have a feeling this holiday season will be different with fewer people traveling, a more accommodating route on CA-99, and higher capacity on I-5. Separately, there are 13 new superchargers this month in California alone, with five of those opening yesterday.

Reactions: AMPd and 1100MCM
Doesn't seem like FUD, after all it is true that the holidays show pain points in the Supercharger network, though they could've done better by describing how fast Kettleman City's lines move. I have a feeling this holiday season will be different with fewer people traveling, a more accommodating route on CA-99, and higher capacity on I-5. Separately, there are 13 new superchargers this month in California alone, with five of those opening yesterday.
Agreed. Sure it's easy to dismiss these stories as FUD especially if you're not sitting in the line but if that were me, and I haven't waited yet in a busy supercharger, I'd be more than ticked off. In fact if my wife or others whom I'm trying to convince that there's no looking back to gas cars were with me in a long line like this then my argument would be doomed and the wife would be forever mocking me or simply never be convinced that Teslas and EVs are the future. Ok back on topic :) I think this location is a little bare right now but at some point it will become the new Kettleman City, there's no doubt in my mind.

Reactions: DDotJ and AMPd
Agreed. Sure it's easy to dismiss these stories as FUD especially if you're not sitting in the line but if that were me, and I haven't waited yet in a busy supercharger, I'd be more than ticked off. In fact if my wife or others whom I'm trying to convince that there's no looking back to gas cars were with me in a long line like this then my argument would be doomed and the wife would be forever mocking me or simply never be convinced that Teslas and EVs are the future. Ok back on topic :) I think this location is a little bare right now but at some point it will become the new Kettleman City, there's no doubt in my mind.

It's FUD when it's presented as a common occurrence at every Supercharger.

Yes, last Thanksgiving experience at Kettleman (and I'm sure select other Superchargers) was no doubt frustrating for those in line. But I've seen plenty of posts & comments that point to this article (and others like it) as a typical occurrence.

*snip*

I have a feeling this holiday season will be different with fewer people traveling

*snip*

There may be fewer people traveling, but I think the biggest reduction will be in air travel, with potentially an INCREASE in road travel. That's how I've traveled this year - to the extent of actually buying a Tesla because of it. Nearly 9000 miles in 3 months to avoid airports and airplanes. I can hermit my way across the country not interacting with a single person if I really want to.