Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Firebaugh, CA (I-5 / West Panoche Rd, LIVE 13 Nov 2020, 56 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd kill to see the in nav display showing all or most of the 56 superchargers full. That would be neat.
4740FA7D-7058-4AF9-B87E-A2C50621B6B6.jpeg

Maybe you all can get @ohmman to roll in with his Model X towing a 6 seater portable ladies restroom. That would certainly address the issue, and everyone involved gets their 15 minutes of fame to boot.

With Ohmmans Model X and my incredible business acumen, we could really clean up!

restroom 1.jpg
restroom 2.jpg

RT

Last edited:
Came thru on Saturday about lunchtime and it was ~ half-full. Easy entry on and off of the I-5 and the bathrooms were available. All 250kw chargers are great. Arrived at 8% and the car was ready to continue before we had finished our lunch. I think its our favorite stop now over Kettleman City. Kettleman is great but it you need to grab take-out it takes a long time and is prone to traffic jams around the food options.

How was the Thanksgiving rush here?

Frankly, i think this is still not in most peoples pysche.. they think about Kettleman and their regular journeys, and this is so close to KTLM with so many stalls it HAS to become more utilized at some point. Funny enough, I've been thinking about driving there just to check it out and get in a drive - to clear my head.

Reactions: Araman0
Frankly, i think this is still not in most peoples pysche.. they think about Kettleman and their regular journeys, and this is so close to KTLM with so many stalls it HAS to become more utilized at some point. Funny enough, I've been thinking about driving there just to check it out and get in a drive - to clear my head.
Me too. I just haven't overcome the friction of explaining and justifying it to my wife.

Me too. I just haven't overcome the friction of explaining and justifying it to my wife.
Do it !!! ....or else your dreams will haunt you.
You run out of charge - middle of the desert. In the distance you see an A&W Root Beer float waiting - made just the way you like it. But, for some reason you can't have a taste unless you bring in a 'charged' car. Just before the A&W you discover there is a Supercharger (56 empty stalls - all V3's)!!!.
So you push your car in excruciating heat - tires sinking in the melting asphalt. After several hours, hands blistered, lips swollen, vultures circling, you make the final push up to the Supercharger.
Only to discover they didn't install the charge cables.

Tesla opens world’s largest Supercharger station, 72 stalls in Shanghai

Slightly OT, but a notice that Shanghai has just stolen the title for world's largest Supercharger. Not to fear, Firebaugh still holds the title for world's largest V3, but not for long...
84 stalls (28 x 3) would be the next logical size up from 56 (28 x 2) for a large V3 site. However, I think that it may make more sense to install 28 or 56 stalls at multiple locations than to go as big as 84.