Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Firebaugh, CA (I-5 / West Panoche Rd, LIVE 13 Nov 2020, 56 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
PSA: There's been some discussion on the FB group for Tesla Owners of the East Bay, about the awful state of the roadway leading up to this Supercharger, with lots of potholes / craters. Recent rains this past winter may have made the situation worse. The best approach, according to some people who have been here recently, is to enter the Supercharger from the back side.

(I personally haven't been here since opening day, so I haven't seen this for myself. Just passing this along.)

Bruce.

PSA: There's been some discussion on the FB group for Tesla Owners of the East Bay, about the awful state of the roadway leading up to this Supercharger, with lots of potholes / craters. Recent rains this past winter may have made the situation worse. The best approach, according to some people who have been here recently, is to enter the Supercharger from the back side.

(I personally haven't been here since opening day, so I haven't seen this for myself. Just passing this along.)

Bruce.
That's the best way anyway, it avoids the drive through line and bathroom traffic.

Reactions: MichaelP90DL
New permit for the site, foundation related. Contractor is Tesla Motors.
1681215673142.png

That's the best way anyway, it avoids the drive through line and bathroom traffic.
So I was there yesterday. No waiting for the men's room, but there was a line of at least 10 women waiting for the ladies room. On my way back to the car, I spoke loudly to the ladies, "The stall is empty. Go on in." I got a lot of looks but did not turn around to see if anyone headed toward the men's room. I mean...why not?

• Funny
Reactions: AMPd and gaswalla
So I was there yesterday. No waiting for the men's room, but there was a line of at least 10 women waiting for the ladies room. On my way back to the car, I spoke loudly to the ladies, "The stall is empty. Go on in." I got a lot of looks but did not turn around to see if anyone headed toward the men's room. I mean...why not?
If I’m the 10th in line… why not indeed :)

• Love
Reactions: MichaelP90DL
Either
A) Tesla specific bathroom bunker
B) Solar inventor installation
C) Some sort of lounge, maybe a bit smaller than Kettleman
D) Straight Driveway access direct to the supercharger?
B and D wouldn't likely involve any type of foundation. A and C would involve plumbing and electrical and much more work requiring other permits which havent been filed. Interesting. Pad for trash enclosure?

On the plus side, all the roads have been repaved.
Hallelujah! The roads and notably POTHOLES were terrible during the huge rains we had earlier this year, one couldn’t see the potholes at all. One time I was there there were two rovers helping Tesla owners with repairs. I always took the long way round back, and spent about 70% of the time in what would be considered the oncoming side of the road (nobody coming of course) but it was only place one could see the road risks.