Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Forks, WA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow, I'm genuinely surprised. Not sure they realize how incredibly remote Forks is, but I'm happy I'll never have to wait to charge when heading through there.

Fing remote man... Rolled from Aberdeen through Forks on partial charge in a 2018 MS 100D and arrived at the Sequim SC with 2 miles on the clock should have charged to 100% in Aberdeen... They know dude they know...

I see 3 just since the beginning of 2019 that only have 6 stalls. (Either open or in progress.) Even one in July, 2018 with only two stalls... So they are still building small sites. (Or at least they have been.)
In the US? Please list them.

EDIT: Never mind. I see two 6-stallers recently came online in Altoona, IA and Parkersburg, WV. That is definitely a break from the tradition of the 2 years prior.

Yeah, I think I stated that in my original post. Everything definitely seemed in line with reason, and it did play out that way.
With I think one exception, they haven't built a supercharger site in the US with <8 stalls in about 2-3 years.

haha... you'll then be surprised to see the number of sites in 2019 that end up being 8 Stalls or less. Forks is 8 stalls... I'll entertain your bet against that fact if you're a bet man! Cheers!

Last edited:
In the US? Please list them.

EDIT: Never mind. I see two 6-stallers recently came online in Altoona, IA and Parkersburg, WV. That is definitely a break from the tradition of the 2 years prior.

Smaller sites in higher density areas on existing power is super cost affective in urban areas and smaller sites in rural areas are cost effective as well. Larger sites with 10 plus stalls are more cost effective on congested routes or super congested major metro areas.

haha... you'll then be surprised to see the number of site in 2019 that end up being 8 Stalls. Forks is 8 stalls... I'll entertain your bet against that fact if you're a bet man! Cheers!
Not quite sure what you're trying to say here, but I fully expect a lot of 8 stall superchargers going forward. What I don't expect is a lot of superchargers that are less than 8 stalls.

It will be a little bit maddening if Forks opens with 8 stalls while Ellensburg still only has 5.
Not at all really. Ellensburg was built in 2013 when there were very few superchargers in existence and many of them were small. Cle Elum has already been opened nearby which has many more stalls. Why would you want future superchargers such as Forks to be small like Ellensburg?

Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wyoming, Rural Nevada, Rural Idaho, pretty much any place with low owner density will have small stall counts than 8 stalls.
Okay, but Lima MT, Wheatland WY, and Oacoma SD don't support this assertion. I get that they could be changing their strategy going forward, but there was definitely a 2 year period where they didn't build anything in the US smaller than 8 stalls.

• Disagree
Reactions: IdaX and MP3Mike
Okay, but Lima MT, Wheatland WY, and Oacoma SD don't support this assertion. I get that they could be changing their strategy going forward, but there was definitely a 2 year period where they didn't build anything in the US smaller than 8 stalls.

You've got an interesting definition of anything:

2/18 - New York - Mott Street, NY - 2
7/18 - Alpharetta (SC), GA - 2
10/17 - Brooklyn - N 12th Street, NY - 4
4/18 - New York - W 75th Street, NY - 4
4/18 - New York - E 47th Street, NY - 4
7/18 - New York - 59 Allen Street, NY - 4
12/18 - Walker, MI - 4
9/18 - Atlanta - Peachtree Road, GA - 5
10/17 - Spearfish, SD - 6
1/17 - Ozona, TX - 6
12/17 - Oshkosh, WI - 6
3/19 - Parkersburg, WV - 6
2/18 - Jersey City, NJ - 6
12/17 - Bethany, MO - 6
6/18 - Plainview, NY - 6
5/18 - Hartford, CT - 6
2/19 - Altoona, IA - 6
5/18 - Estes Park, CO - 7

You've got an interesting definition of anything:

2/18 - New York - Mott Street, NY - 2
7/18 - Alpharetta (SC), GA - 2
10/17 - Brooklyn - N 12th Street, NY - 4
4/18 - New York - W 75th Street, NY - 4
4/18 - New York - E 47th Street, NY - 4
7/18 - New York - 59 Allen Street, NY - 4
12/18 - Walker, MI - 4
9/18 - Atlanta - Peachtree Road, GA - 5
10/17 - Spearfish, SD - 6
1/17 - Ozona, TX - 6
12/17 - Oshkosh, WI - 6
3/19 - Parkersburg, WV - 6
2/18 - Jersey City, NJ - 6
12/17 - Bethany, MO - 6
6/18 - Plainview, NY - 6
5/18 - Hartford, CT - 6
2/19 - Altoona, IA - 6
5/18 - Estes Park, CO - 7
More than half of these are valet sites. Ozona is more than 2 years ago. Alpharetta is for service center use only. Walker was the one I was thinking of in my first post. Altoona and Parkersburg were already mentioned. Estes Park has 4 cabinets and probably just couldn't fit the 8th stall in. Hartford is also restricted by the size of the parking lot, which won't be the case in Forks or any other rural location. That leaves Spearfish and Bethany that I had forgotten were less than 8 stalls. So yeah my memory was a little off, but given that they opened something like 300 in that period, I think it's fair to say that superchargers with <8 stalls have been pretty rare in the last couple years.