Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
kavyboy: thank you, love to see you out here!

So far the only commitments are TaoJones and charliepmayer.
Like others, I hadn't received notifications, which is frustrating. I'll make final plans over the coming days. We are trying to figure out if both of us can make the trip from Virginia. Count me as almost certain.

Has anyone thought of doing a general post in the forums to increase awareness?

I would like to attend the Fort Stockton/Fort Davis/Marfa gathering on Feb 9 & 10.

Humans: 1
Dogs: 2 (Yes, I know dogs are not welcome for the indoor events)

DavidB

P.S. theflyer's post in Most Superchargers Visited caught my attention. I did not see this thread prior to his post.

Hi everybody!
Today the following entities were contacted regarding our Golden Spike ceremony:
Flying J in Fort Stockton, Fort Stockton C of C, Fort Stockton Pioneer (paper), Jeff Davis County Library (and Friends), Fort Davis Chamber of Commerce, Hotel Limpia, and the Jeff Davis County Mountain Dispatch (paper).

I shared with them that we may have anywhere from 2 to 200 depending on, well, anything.

Commitments so far:
Fort Stockton 4:30 on the 9th: charliepmayer, TaoJones, plasmamd, theflyer, DavidB
Hotel Limpia 7:00 on the 9th: charliepmayer, TaoJones, DavidB
Marfa noon on the 10th: charliepmayer, DavidB

Please send me corrections and updates!

Thank you,
Charlie

Hi everybody!
Today the following entities were contacted regarding our Golden Spike ceremony:
Flying J in Fort Stockton, Fort Stockton C of C, Fort Stockton Pioneer (paper), Jeff Davis County Library (and Friends), Fort Davis Chamber of Commerce, Hotel Limpia, and the Jeff Davis County Mountain Dispatch (paper).

I shared with them that we may have anywhere from 2 to 200 depending on, well, anything.

Commitments so far:
Fort Stockton 4:30 on the 9th: charliepmayer, TaoJones, plasmamd, theflyer, DavidB
Hotel Limpia 7:00 on the 9th: charliepmayer, TaoJones, DavidB
Marfa noon on the 10th: charliepmayer, DavidB

Please send me corrections and updates!

Thank you,
Charlie
I have been toying with doing this trip for a while now. We are in Tucson and have never spent any time in W Texas, other than to drive through once. Here's my dilemma: my wife loves road-tripping, but only if the destination is nice (read expensive.) Also, our wonder-dog Razz is always with us. I discovered Cibolo Creek Ranch in Marfa and that seems to fit the bill. However, they are less than welcoming to pets ($100 per night!). Any recommendations for our road-trip from Tucson?

napabill: After our event in Fort Stockton/Fort Davis you could stay at one of these:

Fort Davis: check out The Veranda at Veranda Inn Fort Davis Hotel Marfa Alpine Big Bend Texas, I don't know their pet policy.

Marfa:
Hotel Paisano $40/night pet cleaning fee, historical hotel and HQ for the '50s movie "Giant". Cool place.
We also enjoy the good drinks and interesting menu at Jett's Grill at the hotel.
or
Hotel Saint George · Marfa TX · Home $30/night cleaning fee. Fee waived if it is a service animal. Good restaurant and bar food.
Most modern place in west Texas. "Minimalist art" atmosphere here contrasts with the "Old West" feeling of the other places.

From Tucson? You should fit right in. Might be quite a culture shock if you are from Napa. In a good way, I hope.

Recommended eateries: Cochineal and Stellina
A dozen or so quirky bars, galleries and other restaurants are available if you want to go bohemian.

• Informative
Reactions: DavidB
Bete Noire: don't think it will be a problem, I see accompanied minors in the bar and in the restaurant all the time.
Then add 2 people for the Flying J, Limpa Hotel dinner, and breakfast in the morning. I expect we'll also overnight at Limpa Hotel, but I need to check w/my daughter if she'd rather roll the dice on "shoulder season" camping in Fort Davis Park.

We'll need to depart straight after the photo to get home for school Monday, so no on the lunch itinerary item.

I'll ping the Houston Tesla Facebook group to see if the couple Maybes there are going to commit.

• Helpful
Reactions: TaoJones
Head Count as of 12/29/18 - Golden Spike Ceremony - Fort Stockton

Meet-up at Flying J, Fort Stockton - 4:30 pm
charliepmayer - 2 guests

Hotel rooms at the Hotel Limpia, Fort Davis (call (432) 426-3237 to make your reservations):
Friday: no commitments
Saturday: no commitments
Sunday: no commitments

Drinks and dinner at Hotel Limpia on Saturday, February 9:
charliepmayer - 2 guests

Breakfast buffet at the Blue Mountain Bistro on Sunday, February 10, 7:30-10:00:
charliepmayer - 2 guests

Lunch at the Bar St George in Marfa, Sunday, February 10, noon:
charliepmayer - 2 guests

Please update directly, or let me know and I'll update the list and re-post.

There will be two of us at Fort Stockton. probably before 4:30 PM. Looks like it will be more like 2 PM. We will be staying in the area Friday and then stay for all the plans on Saturday. We may be there for Sunday as I would love to go to Marfa, I am waiting for a response from relatives on when we can visit them in Midland.

Golden Spike Ceremony:

As of this morning I show the commitments below. Anybody else? Any changes?

Ft Stockton 4:30 Feb 9th: charliepmayer, TaoJones, jplasmd, theflyer, DavidB, BeteNoire,

Limpia 7:00 Feb 9th: charliepmayer, TaoJones, DavidB, theflyer, BeteNoire

Marfa noon, Feb 10th: charliepmayer, DavidB

Please add to your calendar: 2019 Tesla EV Rally - Far West Texas, August 16-19