Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
West Texas isn't that bad. It has its advantages over the Eastern half. No humidity and hurricanes being among them.
Hurricanes are a lot more persistent about bringing you a Bad Day than you give them credit for:

Observations of a Tropical Storm in West Texas

Harvey would have ended up there too, if that blocking pattern hadn't doubled it back onto to SE Houston again and turned it North.

That said if you like space, like lots and lots and lots of room, and don't particularly care for people cluttering up said space then West Texas is indeed a great place. I mean that in all seriousness.

• Helpful
Reactions: TaoJones
Hurricanes are a lot more persistent about bringing you a Bad Day than you give them credit for:

Observations of a Tropical Storm in West Texas

Harvey would have ended up there too, if that blocking pattern hadn't doubled it back onto to SE Houston again and turned it North.

That said if you like space, like lots and lots and lots of room, and don't particularly care for people cluttering up said space then West Texas is indeed a great place. I mean that in all seriousness.

+1 totally agree

Have you been to a truck stop or restaurant in Pecos lately? Literally the worst of both worlds.

I do enjoy a drive across West Texas and other places like it. I would enjoy it more, however, if the Fort Stockton and Pecos superchargers were built and the existing superchargers functioned better.

• Funny
Reactions: ℬête Noire
Have you been to a truck stop or restaurant in Pecos lately? Literally the worst of both worlds.

I do enjoy a drive across West Texas and other places like it. I would enjoy it more, however, if the Fort Stockton and Pecos superchargers were built and the existing superchargers functioned better.

What's good about Pecos --

Very strong local economy due to West Texas oil boom.
Proximity to three national parks.

What's good about Pecos --

Very strong local economy due to West Texas oil boom.
The oil boom isn't doing me any good!

Probably similar to how I feel about Amazon's influence on Seattle. Everyone says it's GREAT for the economy, but simultaneously ruining the city. Since I don't work for Amazon, it's clearly a net negative for me. As is the oil boom in Pecos when I'm passing through trying to enjoy a country drive :)

Sorry to derail the West Texas bashing.

Construction has begun on Fort Stockton. Somebody from Central Texas group called over to a Flying J there and got this in response,

"I started to ask those traveling through El Paso will look for signs of construction. Then it occurred to me I could just call the Flying J - not expecting the person who answered the phone to know anything. She did and confirmed it is under construction. She referred me to the manager who also confirmed construction and seemed excited about getting more customers. Initially, he would not hazard a guess about completion time but then said he was impressed at how fast they were moving and said they might be done in a week. Take that with a grain of salt but it looks good for 26 Oct"

If you know anybody going through the area, have them report back!

Sorry to derail the West Texas bashing.

Construction has begun on Fort Stockton. Somebody from Central Texas group called over to a Flying J there and got this in response,

"I started to ask those traveling through El Paso will look for signs of construction. Then it occurred to me I could just call the Flying J - not expecting the person who answered the phone to know anything. She did and confirmed it is under construction. She referred me to the manager who also confirmed construction and seemed excited about getting more customers. Initially, he would not hazard a guess about completion time but then said he was impressed at how fast they were moving and said they might be done in a week. Take that with a grain of salt but it looks good for 26 Oct"

If you know anybody going through the area, have them report back!
Photos were posted here a few pages back

Supercharger - Fort Stockton, Texas

Reactions: GroundForces
.84 inch of rain (a lot for West Texas) in the forecast for tomorrow so here's to hoping that doesn't delay things too much. It rained pretty good today for West Texas standards and so far it hasn't made a dent in the construction. I tend to agree with Troy, the manager, that the construction is going fast.

Last edited:
In 1970 - what was left of Hurricane Celia went right thru El Paso dumping an inch of rain. Not much? It devastated that town with no sewers - rain brought boulders down the hills thru the streets. The Farah Slacks factory's roof (almost 1/3 of a mile) collapsed from the weight. People drowned from the floods.

• Informative
Reactions: CarlS