Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Woot!

Attachments

• IMG_20170908_165521.jpg
    IMG_20170908_165521.jpg
    624.3 KB · Views: 176
Wanted to do a quick follow up on here:

Switched to I&M Time of Day program a couple months ago. We have made an effort to do our major appliance usages at night or on weekends (including scheduled car charging) and we are saving about 2 cents per KWH or 20 dollars a month.

That took our Electrical bill from about 140 to 120. Definitely worth it for us.

Hope it helps others in deciding.

I want to second that. Also switched to the time of day program and even though we don't have an EV after my first bill came in, we ended up saving about $20 as well by simply using the dryer after 9pm or on the weekends and turning off the AC when we're not home. At 3 cents/khw fully charging a Model 3 from empty will cost me less than $2. On the flip side it ruined my plans of going solar :(

• Funny
Reactions: anonim1979
There will be a Tesla meet up at Applebee's (6525 Lima Road, Fort Wayne) at 4 pm on Sunday, September 17 next to the completed Supercharger. We can share Tesla stories, and meet owners and prospective model 3 buyers, and fill up our cars. I would be happy to answer any Tesla related questions I can for prospective buyers. If you are planning on coming, please respond so I can get a table or two. I'm looking forward to meeting the other people on this post.

There will be a Tesla meet up at Applebee's (6525 Lima Road, Fort Wayne) at 4 pm on Sunday, September 17 next to the completed Supercharger. We can share Tesla stories, and meet owners and prospective model 3 buyers, and fill up our cars. I would be happy to answer any Tesla related questions I can for prospective buyers. If you are planning on coming, please respond so I can get a table or two. I'm looking forward to meeting the other people on this post.
My wife and I will also be there excited to meet other Tesla enthusiasts!

When at Applebee's or other local businesses, we should talk to management and see if they would be interested in offering a small discount for Tesla owners by showing the tesla key. This info makes its way to forums such as this and word spreads to give each respective company, more business. I know some restaurants do offer this, I frequent the Maumee supercharger and the Steak Escape next door offers a 10% discount. It's worth a try and gives business!

Sorry guys but I'm not going to be able to make it to the Meetup. A friend and I decided to make a quick road trip to Atlanta for the game tonight.

I think it would be fun to start an owners club for the fort Wayne area and Meetup occasionally.

On a side note, I let my friend drive the leg between Lexington, KY and London KY and he decided what his next car is going to have to be

Note that someone's divider got stuck in port 5A so it isn't usable right now.

I noticed this a couple weeks ago. It has since been fixed. I've had troubles in the past charging at stalls 3B, 4A, and 4B. Idk if it is me, my car or the chargers. I've had similar issues in Indy, Chattanooga, and Angola.

When I plug in the light goes from white to red. I've voiced concern with service center in Indy and they didnt seem bothered by it. I suppose I should try charging in those stalls again and try to get better diagnostics for the service team when/if it fails again.

I noticed this a couple weeks ago. It has since been fixed. I've had troubles in the past charging at stalls 3B, 4A, and 4B. Idk if it is me, my car or the chargers. I've had similar issues in Indy, Chattanooga, and Angola.

When I plug in the light goes from white to red. I've voiced concern with service center in Indy and they didnt seem bothered by it. I suppose I should try charging in those stalls again and try to get better diagnostics for the service team when/if it fails again.
I had issue on Saturday at 4A or 4B I think, it turned orange and said it could not charge. Moved to 5A and worked fine. Also, map tends to say 7 of 10 available when all 10 are open so maybe they already have internal diagnostics notifying them something is off.