Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Green Bay, WI

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@allhands, how did the trip go? Any problems charging in Fish Creek?

No problems at all! Charged at the Fish Creek visitor's center and was able to drive back to Madison on a full battery so I was able to do it non-stop even. I only had about 9% left when I got home so I was cutting it close, but it was fine. I am looking forward to the SCs in Green Bay, Oshkosh, and Sturgeon Bay for next year!

Reactions: rhumbliner
I met some of you at the MREA. This is my first post on this forum. I am VERY interested in the status of the Green Bay supercharger. We are driving from Madison with some friends to the Packer Game on the 31st and I would LOVE to be able to drive the X, but there is no way we can make it from Madison AND BACK without it. At least no practical way. Any updates would be greatly appreciated (I bugged and bugged Tesla until they installed one in Wasau one, now all we need is Green Bay, Oshkosh and Sturgeon Bay and I think Wisconsin will be "all set" for a while. Well, maybe one in Minocqua would be good, and perhaps a few more stalls for the Madison supercharger. The last two times I used it two of the three stalls were busy.

Now all we need is Green Bay, Oshkosh and Sturgeon Bay and I think Wisconsin will be "all set" for a while. Well, maybe one in Minocqua would be good, and perhaps a few more stalls for the Madison supercharger. The last two times I used it two of the three stalls were busy.
Really need one in northern WI or UP of Michigan. I just got my Model S last week and we can't take it to Mackinac Island tomorrow because the closest Supercharger in WI (Wausau) is 300 miles from there. Only destination charger on the way is low power and would require an overnight stay (probably both ways!!). And no, I'm not adding 4+ hours to the drive by going the other way around the lake :).

Reactions: sdoorex
I spun past the Green Bay (Howard) spot again today on my way back in from Peshtigo and nothing apparent had changed besides the location of the skid steer.

I was having delusions that I'd pull in just as they were completing it and I'd be the test car.. heh

Really need one in northern WI or UP of Michigan. I just got my Model S last week and we can't take it to Mackinac Island tomorrow because the closest Supercharger in WI (Wausau) is 300 miles from there. Only destination charger on the way is low power and would require an overnight stay (probably both ways!!). And no, I'm not adding 4+ hours to the drive by going the other way around the lake :).

Just throwing this out there, Three Lakes Winery does have 3 HPWC available for those traveling a bit north of the Wausau supercharger. Not as great as a supercharger but can be helpful and a hour stop gets you from Wausau to Mackinaw city. not sure what there is for destination chargers up that way, but it is a doable trip. 55 mph speed limits most of the way helps

Perhaps you could take the ferry at Manitowoc? I see there is a supercharger near where you get off the boat in Ludington.

+1

Perhaps you could take the ferry at Manitowoc? I see there is a supercharger near where you get off the boat in Ludington.
Check out the prices for the ferries across Lake Michigan. From Milwaukee to Muskegon, it's $200 for a car and $150 for each person, round-trip. We had 6 people, so over $1000. It does appear the Manitowoc one is cheaper, but it was just cheaper/easier to take a gas car for this trip. Sometimes it's just not worth it.

We also flew out to Wyoming to view the eclipse -- in Jackson. Where did you view it?

We were in Lusk.

The Supercharger was busy. If not the first it was most likely the longest queue ever at Lusk. Everyone was pleasant about it though.
IMG_0281.JPG

The Supercharger was busy. If not the first it was most likely the longest queue ever at Lusk. Everyone was pleasant about it though.

There is a Tesla rally that takes place in Custer, SD each year. This year was the first one that I attended and when I left I went south and I also got stuck in line in Lusk waiting to charge my car behind two others as everyone else going south had to stop at the exact same place. I think I could have taken the exact same picture as the one you posted. :) That's the only place I've ever had to wait to charge. I suppose the fact that it only has four stalls contributes to the wait a bit... My next hop was in Loveland, CO where they had just installed 10. No wait there at all.