TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharger - Harwood, NSW

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Chuq, Jun 13, 2019.

1. Chuq

Chuq Active Member

#1 Chuq, Jun 13, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
    Tesla eyes off new site for Northern Rivers expansion

(paywalled, article below)

[​IMG]

An unexpected location! Not that far south from the Knockrow location (58 km), but it might be more preferable for some since it is on the highway. It's 230 km south of Brisbane.

I'm not sure if any Tesla owners are in the area but it may pay to attend the community meeting on July 7 if you would like to have your voice heard!

(Edit: Upon adding the address to supercharge.info I found the museum is technically Woodburn, but both the café and rest area right next door are “New Italy” – so I’ll leave the name as that, for now)

• Informative x 4
    • Like x 2
  2. aegidius

aegidius Member

Would be great to have some redundancy along this route. There aren't any NRMA chargers this far north yet..

3. MC3OZ

MC3OZ Active Member

It would be interesting to see if this could be open for the Xmas travel season.... they haven;t started construction...

Between Knockrow and Coffs Harbour, there is a single NRMA charger in Grafton... that may get busy in the holiday travel season..

We can make it Knockrow to Coffs in a Model 3 SR+, I just like to have a contingency.

4. Chuq

Chuq Active Member

I would hope so :D

BTW - future Chargefox locations at Ballina and Moonee Beach:

2 Moonee Beach Rd Moonee Beach NSW 2450
    44 Bangalow Rd Ballina NSW 2478

• Like x 1
  5. MC3OZ

MC3OZ Active Member

Yes, those ChargeFox locations are listed as under construction.....

Moonee Beach is close to Coffs....

This is just our first Xmas road trip Sunshine Coast to Sydney, I can see that there will be a lot more charging options in 6-12 months,,,

6. Chuq

Chuq Active Member

So big news :) I was hunting development applications up and down the highway and found this one at the Clarence Valley Council (submitted and approved last year). Valuation looks high enough to be a supercharger but also possibly Evie or Chargefox:

[​IMG]

This site appears to be the Harwood Hotel:

upload_2020-1-17_22-52-50.png

I sent them a message on Facebook and they confirmed they are hosting a Tesla supercharger (I didn't prompt, just said "what kind of charging station"), it is under construction now and should be complete by the end of the month!

It is well spaced from other stations:

upload_2020-1-17_23-6-14.png

As for a photo, that's a bit hard for me :) I might leave it to whoever is driving past next to check number of stalls, current status, etc!

(I used the New Italy thread as nothing has progressed at that site and this is only 40 km away. @meloccom could you please change the thread title to "Supercharger - Harwood NSW"?)

• Like x 3
    • Informative x 2
  7. meloccom

meloccom Moderator Aus/NZ

Seems a shame. Was looking forward to charging in “Little Italy”. Thread name changed.

• Like x 1
  8. rohan3au

rohan3au Member

Fantastic work as always!

9. Chuq

Chuq Active Member

10. leonk

leonk Member

Pretty sure that they're hidden behind a login.

11. Chuq

Chuq Active Member

Ahh, copy and pasted the images, apparently it just pasted links to the private chat he sent them to me with! Trying again...

upload_2020-1-18_19-16-40.png

upload_2020-1-18_19-16-55.png

upload_2020-1-18_19-17-12.png

• Like x 2
    • Informative x 1
  12. aegidius

aegidius Member

Good sleuthing there! Looking forward to that site coming on line.

13. ARMARM

ARMARM Member

With all the overgrown grass everywhere, the site doesn't look like it's been touched in a while.

• Informative x 1
  14. buddylove32

buddylove32 New Member

any updates on the progress of the construction?

15. rohan3au

rohan3au Member

I'll be driving by next Sunday on the way to Sunshine coast, I'll pop my head in and get an update if no one else beats me to it.

• Helpful x 1
  16. aegidius

aegidius Member

OTOH, it could be just the aftermath of a weekend's rain...

17. TesIaCyberTruk

Next to it there is the 'Harwood Island General Store' and the 'Harwood Island Post Office' (10 Morpeth Street, Harwood. NSW 2465) so if anyone wanted to grab a quick snak & drink and stretch the legs while charging

There is a supermarket (SPAR Maclean - 4 River Street, Maclean. NSW 2463) and multiple cafe's about 7km (8 minute drive) from the SuperCharger, and a fish & chips shop (Clarence River Fishermen's Co-Op - 51 River Street, Maclean. NSW 2463) only 5km (6 minute drive) from the SC.

18. rohan3au

rohan3au Member

At Harwood as we speak, still no progress, overgrown and hasn’t been touched unfortunately That’s a bummer. How ever the pole next to the site does have a brand new looking transformer and high voltage wiring down into the ground, so looks setup from a grid perspective.

1808811E-8091-4072-AA3E-20B004ACB3DE.jpeg
    516278BC-3602-43C7-915B-A623C6754600.jpeg

19. moa999

moa999 Member

Anyone been through in the last couple of months given Macquarie and Campberwell popped up very quickly

20. Zoltrix77

Zoltrix77 Member

Another location that's not entirely useful for traveling, coffee from a pub at 2am?