Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Henrietta, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've just set the listing on this one on supercharge.info back to 150kW, after listing it as 250kW at the height of the speculation! Who knows what it will be in the end, but looking like v2s for now!
Seems to me, that if first V3 was Hawthorne CA in March, and second V3 is Fremont CA in June, that we should be up to 4 V3 sites at the beginning of 2020. I get the strong feeling that the current iteration of V3 must have some reliability issues. Certainly, the design appears to add (in addition to more inverters) the following elements:
  • fluid circulating handle/cord;
  • fluid circulation pump
  • serpentine cooling through a radiator;
  • (likely) fan pushing air through radiator;
  • valve for replenishing/draining coolant;
  • (potentially) additional heat sensors;
  • (potentially) detector for air pockets in the coolant circulation;
  • specialty gaskets at the bulkhead from cord to the 'tesla-marked-bollard-aparatus';
Omitted are any upstream transformers or cabinetry.
Two additional features are probably needed:
  1. training all drivers in the fleet to know a) "my car doesn't interoperate with V3, so use it last"; and b) "my car has the right hardware, software, and SOC% to take advantage of V3, so use it first".
  2. an increased price schedule, to pay for the increased capital expenditure, upkeep, kWh
So, I'm counting on it being a looooong time before I come to a V3 that I can actually use (I'm in a X100D for long trips). Sorry for the long digression. But if this technology was really ready, it would be getting rolled out to all country sites in the permitting phase, at least (with some larger transformers in the design plans).

Last edited:
All SC cabinets are set on their pad.
UG conduits are ran and covered to each charging pedestal
Auto-transformer installation underway
No visible pedestals onsite, just like other projects currently under construction

Attachments

• 20190608_100833.jpg
    20190608_100833.jpg
    418.1 KB · Views: 213
This weeks photos (taken on Monday). The 6 little boxes are in place now. They look like they are ready to pour a slab, and they actually have 9 of 12 pedestal foundations in place (one in the middle has been lifted out, maybe was not aligned right?).

No activity going on. They do have some curb stops sitting out. But, essentially it looks like they are waiting on another slab pour and the ONCOR transformer and connection to be made. Plus they need some charging pedestals!

I will probably not be by next week, so hopefully week after will see some progress.

Attachments

• IMG_0122.JPEG
    IMG_0122.JPEG
    485.2 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_0125.JPEG
    IMG_0125.JPEG
    642.8 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_0124.JPEG
    IMG_0124.JPEG
    983.3 KB · Views: 140
This is going to be huge for many folks but especially us 75 MS owners.
I love the Clean fuel advertisement in all the pictures at the site

Definitely a much needed SC. My 2015 S85D still shows 270 miles on a 100% charge, but it’s 239 miles from my home to Childress. Southlake to Childress is a little better, 229 miles, but awfully close for a worry less drive. In April, we did CA to Dallas on I-40 then 287 from Amarillo to Dallas. We made it from Childress to Southlake with 39 miles left, so doable, but will be a lot happier going to see my sister and friends in Amarillo once the Henrietta SC is open.

Today's photos. They have the concrete pad for the transformer, but the utility (oncor) has not installed or put any underground cables in yet. All 12 pedestal foundation pads are in place and they have back filled around all their trenches. The curb stops are still sitting in a pile. They need a transformer, the pedestals and then it all wired together to finish.

The cows are waiting....
IMG_0139.JPEG
IMG_0140.JPEG
IMG_0141.JPEG
IMG_0142.JPEG
IMG_0143.JPEG