Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Issaquah, WA (LIVE Oct 2018, 8 Urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for the informative post. I need some help from your experience.

I have a X90D and live in Crossroads, Bellevue. I am planning to visit Leavenworth (through Snoqualmie Pass) this weekend with 4 adults, one baby and stuff for the weekend. If I start with 240 miles rated range, do you think I can make it?

Unless you are planning on taking advantage of Ellensburg SC why not WA-2 (with Monroe SC on your way)? It is actually shorter of a drive but with more turns and possibly slow vehicles. Assuming you can top up in Leavenworth either way should be fine. If you have a CHADeMo adapter then there are multiple opportunities to power up. However, because of skiing season DO NOT expect to be able to use the chargers in Stevens Pass or Snoqualmie Pass Chevron.

• Helpful
Reactions: IdaX
Unless you are planning on taking advantage of Ellensburg SC why not WA-2 (with Monroe SC on your way)? It is actually shorter of a drive but with more turns and possibly slow vehicles. Assuming you can top up in Leavenworth either way should be fine. If you have a CHADeMo adapter then there are multiple opportunities to power up. However, because of skiing season DO NOT expect to be able to use the chargers in Stevens Pass or Snoqualmie Pass Chevron.

Great points and thanks for your response. I am going to stay the weekend in Leavenworth, so will be able to charge there for return trip.

I have Chademo adapter. And the trip is going to be during he day.

Based on this what do you recommend.

What do you feel about the availability at Suncadia this weekend?

I have a X90D and live in Crossroads, Bellevue. I am planning to visit Leavenworth (through Snoqualmie Pass) this weekend with 4 adults, one baby and stuff for the weekend. If I start with 240 miles rated range, do you think I can make it?
Not an X driver, but it should be easy one way as long as you have destination charging. Maps says 130 mi via I-90, but 112 mi via US2. The time is probably a wash unless weekend ski traffic to Stevens Pass. I prefer US2 route due to the much nicer scenery, plus if you need more charge, stop at the Monroe SC for coffee and restroom stop. EDIT: With the Chademo adapter, there are DCQCs on both passes so definitely no problems due to lots of back up plans (e.g., Sultan, Skykomish, Snoqualmie Pass, Cle Elum, Levenworth).

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I will try US-2 for onwards with a stop at Monroe and take I-90 for return (because it's Monday afternoon and we can stop at Suncadia in case we need charge.
First trip in mountains with baby, so a bit worried.

It's only 128 miles. You'll be fine as long as you leave with a full charge and have charging available in Leavenworth. Generally speaking I wouldn't worry about having enough range unless your trip is >150 miles. Caveat being that for trips in the 120-150 mile range, you should at least keep an eye on the battery as you make the trip, and of course be on the lookout for unusually terrible conditions (headwind over 20mph, snow or standing water on the roadway, sub-zero temps, big elevation gains, etc.).

Leavenworth is about 1,000 feet higher than Bellevue. The rule of thumb there is to subtract 1 rated mile for every 100 feet, so that will eat up about 10 of your rated miles, but still shouldn't be enough to be a problem. Note that you will eat up range faster as you go up the pass, but then you will gain a lot of that back on the way back down.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I will try US-2 for onwards with a stop at Monroe and take I-90 for return (because it's Monday afternoon and we can stop at Suncadia in case we need charge.
First trip in mountains with baby, so a bit worried.
Starting either end of your trip with a 90 or 100% charge should get you to Leavenworth from Bellevue (or the reverse) no matter what route you take unless very unusual driving conditions exist (you are towing with a significant constant headwind in deep snow.)

US2 is picturesque (during the day) but it is a two lane road for much of the drive...and it is annoyingly slow between Monroe and Gold Bar. If driving at night, I recommend I90-US97-US2.

There are Level 2 AC and CHADeMo chargers behind Leavenworth City Hall (they are getting harder to use due to demand and that there are only two EV spots available) on the main drag (US2) through town, same infrastructure exists at Suncadia and at the Snoqualmie Pass Summit Chevron.

Issaquah Fred Meyer Observed status - Friday Dec 8, 2017. The staging area has no fence around it now and only the one shipping container remaining. A few days ago the traffic cones around the staging area had “landmark construction” stenciled on them. Could not find anyone from Landmark to talk to however.

Attachments

• 5250EA68-8DE4-447E-9E3A-6F0781E86158.jpeg
    5250EA68-8DE4-447E-9E3A-6F0781E86158.jpeg
    417.4 KB · Views: 193
  • 7C470EE3-C4CA-41B6-A64B-DB4333A1D23D.jpeg
    7C470EE3-C4CA-41B6-A64B-DB4333A1D23D.jpeg
    571.7 KB · Views: 155
  • 3BE3A9B0-A607-48E5-A307-AD914AC47E0C.jpeg
    3BE3A9B0-A607-48E5-A307-AD914AC47E0C.jpeg
    447.7 KB · Views: 147
  • 2DAF6629-0D6E-4C5F-B6B6-B88EEAC5FAE2.jpeg
    2DAF6629-0D6E-4C5F-B6B6-B88EEAC5FAE2.jpeg
    529.5 KB · Views: 146
  • Informative
Reactions: IdaX and Discoducky
Trip update:
Just got back from the trip. Took US-2 to Leavenworth and I-90 on the way back.

Started 90% on both and could have done both without needing to charge. However on the trip back, it claimed I would reach home with 18%.

On both the trips, every charger was unoccupied (even the Monroe supercharger), except the Stevens pass resort. There was another Model S there, but one port was available. By the time I was leaving in a few hours, other spot was empty too. Was able to charge at my AirBnB. They had a NEMA 5-20 while I had a NEMA 5-15. Will buy the 5-20 adapter for future trips.

Overall it went well. However in future I would plan the trip so that I charger half way, to keep extra buffer and give our baby a break.

Thanks everyone for the tips.

Happy holidays!

• Informative
Reactions: pilotSteve and IdaX