Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Supercharger - Kalispell, MT (under construction Apr 2024, 8 V4 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My wife and I stayed here for a night about a month ago: Sky Eco Rentals | Glacier National Park | Cabins - Bikes - Kayaks - Rafts

They have 2 destination chargers. Left there in our LR MY at 99% and entered the park at West Glacier entrance at 96. Got to Logan pass at 77, St. Marys visitor center at 78, back over Logan pass at 66 and exited at West Glacier still at 66. Made it to the Missoula SC at 23% left. Temps ranged from mid 50’s to upper 60’s.

Has that functionality finally been implemented?
Wellllll...kind of yes and no. There is that one thread that @MorrisonHiker linked to, where someone plugged into a wall connector they had been using many times before, and it was suddenly, by surprise, billing for the usage. So it technically exists in one instance.
If so, does the owner set the price through the wall connector configuration and how do they get paid?
No one knows. In that thread, the person never got to talk with any owners or managers at the property to find out how that happened or who had set it up or how it works or is managed or anything. No one here on the forum seems to know of anyone who had talked with anyone who is using it or has any of those answers, and Tesla hasn't released anything.

But beyond that one specific wall connector mentioned in that one thread, no one seems to have ever heard of this ANYWHERE else. So we don't even know if it's maybe some testing alpha version of firmware someone is experimenting with, or what. So I find it extremely premature for people to talk about this like it's here and now and deployed and widely available and all that other stuff, because it's clearly not.

• Informative
Reactions: CarlS and Big Earl
@MarcoRP This supercharger has disappeared from Tesla's website for some time. I believe the idea has been officially scrapped.

I hope this thread stays around, there was some good info here about Glacier NP.
My vote is to keep it active. The original plan may have aborted, but the location is ideal. It may come back.

I’m copying this explanation of changes in Tesla’s ‘coming soon’ listing that’s informative from a @mociaf9 response on a different thread, he’s as on top of upcoming SuCer’s as anyone I can think of.
I think this explanation supports keeping this thread ‘alive’.
That would be so weird for them to have had Boardman on the map for a couple years, THEN remove it completely, to then just put it back on the map. Could happen, but I fear for some reason east has just been deemed "good enough."
“Not weird at all. For a long time Tesla's map policy for future supercharger locations that had fallen through but that they were still working on finding a replacement hosting site was to just leave the pin on there and keep incrementing the "target opening" date by 1 year every January regardless of whether they had actually made enough progress on securing a new host to realistically hit that target. The fact that Boardman stayed on the map was just indicative that they were still trying to get a supercharger there eventually. Then, at the beginning of 2021, Tesla changed the way they were maintaining their map. Now, future supercharger sites seem to get pins and updated target dates based on their actual current status. That meant that Boardman had to come off because it didn't yet meet their new criteria for having a pin. But it doesn't mean that they stopped working towards a supercharger there. Once Tesla finds a host property, they'll add Boardman back on.”
Mociaf9

I agree... Tesla wasted no time putting a SpC in Yellowstone and were planning to put one in Kalispell around the same time. I planned a trip around it. I won't argue the benefits of one National Park over another, but both places need to be on everyone's bucket list. No charger appeared for my trip to Glacier Nat'l (and everyone needs to put it on their bucket list). And Tesla should make an extra effort to make it happen. My trip was touch and go with charging the Tesla in that neighborhood, and a little help there would be nice.
So keep the thread up and provide info as to any hint of progress. I may not be planning to return, but wouldn't take much to convince me. Hell, I could probably convince 50 relatives to join me.

Reactions: starman27 and CarlS
I don't think anyone was talking about removing this thread, only removing the blue, permit dot from supercharge.info's map. I think it's clear from the "coming soon" pin's removal from Tesla's map as well as the long delay since the last approval/activity for this location that this specific Kalispell site has fallen through and the information posted up-thread is no longer valid. That being the case, removing the dot from SC.info seems reasonable to me.

I fully expect Tesla to continue to work towards placing a supercharger in Kalispell, but I interpret the pin removal from Tesla's map as meaning that their current status is no longer advanced enough for the location to still have a pin. In the past, Tesla would have just left the pin on there indefinitely until they eventually got a location built there and just incremented the expected completion year each Jan. 1st. But Tesla has changed their mapping policy for future sites to now be much more reflective of the actual reality of their development status. When a Kalispell pin gets added back again, we'll know that they have a site that they're moving forward with and people can start trawling for info on exactly where it might be. A new confirmed location will be enough for SC.info to put a dot back in place. And of course any info about potential supercharger activity in Kalispell should still be posted to this TMC thread.

Last edited:

A very welcome addition to the area. Glacier travels might become a little easier. Thanks for noticing @nwdiver.
That CCS adapter and corresponding HW upgrade will not come too quick for things like this.

Use only to connect the charge cable on a CCS Combo 2 charging station to a Tesla Model S or
Model X vehicle that is capable of Combo 2 DC charging.
Note: Vehicles built before May 1, 2019 are not equipped with CCS charging capability. To install
this capability, please contact Tesla service.

IrulFQC.jpg

Reactions: BagheeraNY
Stopped by the new CCS/Chademo chargers in Whitefish today. One thing they forgot to say is the DC fast chargers are shared across the four chargers. If they are all in use you will pull a max of 31 kW. This is still better than the alternative plaguing the Kalispell area but a supercharger is still very much needed. I excitedly await the release of the CCS adapter. If I am able to get my hands on one early on I will happily loan it out to adventurers heading northbound into the Kalispell desert. Also, the chargers are 100% free as of right now.