Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've thought about the power issues on the rez for some time now, and I wonder if the Navajo should just make their own solar/battery power plant rather than rely on anyone else?

There's a solar facility just north of town. No idea who owns, operates, and profits from it though....

But I agree, solar + BESS microgrids + sell value added electricity to travelers passing through (let alone snacks and such) seems like a pretty smart play to me at this point. Bonus if it helps to bring cheaper and cleaner electricity to those who could really use it out there vs the giant coal plants that are all shutting down anyway ...

Last edited:
Reactions: SnowFlyer and tmoz
Looking at that picture, it appears the chargers are going in very close to the Burger King, and in a spot I think it's very likely to get ICE'd. That lot gets crowded on summer days.
That left side of Burger King gets parked in after the right side is full. I think it won;t be that big a problem because it is all part of the HUGE parking lot of Basha's.

With my Cybertruck, it will be easy enough to just park in the dirt side of the chargers and pull the cable through the other direction.

Last edited:
That left side of Burger King gets parked in after the right side is full. I think it won;t be that big a problem because it is all part of the HUGE parking lot of Basha's.

With my Cybertruck, it will be easy enough to just park in the dirt side of the chargers and pull the cable through the other direction.
Yep ur right. I thought it was towards the highway. Now that I look again I see it’s over on the west side, across from the drive through.

Please be very alert walking in and out of the BK on that side. It leads us (and our passengers) right in the path of departing drive through traffic.

In a previous career I was a first responder who sadly dealt with more than one car vs child fatality. Pedestrians (especially kids) are hard to see. Drivers are frequently distracted.

Last edited:
Yep ur right. I thought it was towards the highway. Now that I look again I see it’s over on the west side, across from the drive through.

Please be very alert walking in and out of the BK on that side. It leads us (and our passengers) right in the path of departing drive through traffic.

In a previous career I was a first responder who sadly dealt with more than one car vs child fatality. Pedestrians (especially kids) are hard to see. Drivers are frequently distracted.
In January I traveled to California and was trying to charge in Visalia at a stall right next to a drive thru. As I was backing into my Tesla stall, some ass drove right behind me into the drive thru. I don't think he had a clue he was cutting in front of a moving car.

Reactions: SnowFlyer
👀Watching this thread very closely 😀 We are about to go on a road trip and will be driving from Moab to Page with a planned stop at Four Corners. So a Kayenta SC would be wonderful. That leg of the trip will be 2 weeks from today!
I'd be shocked if it were open in time for your trip. But I was shocked that construction started too. So who knows?

I had not meant it as a joke, I guess the demonstration area must be new in the last 9 months. Thank you for the info.
OOh - glad you got the message. I can just imagine the outcry if someone drove their EV as you described. That area is set up with traditional hogans and native living conditions as a demonstration/history exhibit. (Inside the Burger King is a well-known Navajo Code Talkers display too. They are proud of their culture.) It would be too classic to have it run over by a belagana in a new EV.

I'm wondering how much those chargers are going to bother a lot of natives, considering the opposition back in 2015.

I remember that demonstration area for at least 20 years.

Reactions: gene
Kayenta, AZ

Host Type: Restaurant
Host: Burger King
Along Primary Interstates: None
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-160
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

US-160

To: Durango, CO - 162.1 miles (Permit)
Diversion: 0.1 miles
To: Alamosa, CO - 310.5 miles

It's also just before the start of US-163 in Kayenta.
Why not distance from Farmington NM? Just curious 🧐

Just now
1000001845.jpg