Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Kettleman City, CA (LIVE 15 Nov 2017, 24 V2 + 16 V3 stalls, lounge)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
charged yesterday at 8 am, but Lounge was closed. Outside bathrooms were open, but could not get the code to open the door with my plastic glove on, even when pushing the buttons hard. Had to take my glove off to get the code to work. (are those things really heat sensitive? kinda silly in the virus age.)

charged yesterday at 8 am, but Lounge was closed. Outside bathrooms were open, but could not get the code to open the door with my plastic glove on, even when pushing the buttons hard. Had to take my glove off to get the code to work. (are those things really heat sensitive? kinda silly in the virus age.)
Virus age? Lol

but also you could have just punched the code in and walked in and washed your hands if you’re that scared.

Has anyone, anywhere, documented a case of covid19 contracted by touching a surface?

I wonder if this is related to capacitive touch-sensitivity, instead of heat? I know some of my gloves allow me to operate my tablet and phone, while others don’t.

So Tesla has just updated their coming soon supercharger map for 2021... anyone else curious about the implication of this (a second location in Kettleman City)?

upload_2021-1-5_15-33-41.png

While I would LOVE a 48 stall V3 SC on the southbound WEST side of I5, there is no way that would happen.. no other infrastructure, no shops, coffee, etc.. It would be great if they could build additional capacity on the EAST side of the northbound off ramp, a bit before the regular town and let people walk 1.5 blocks east to the starbucks, stop and go, and other stuff. I’m sort of surprised that this area of Kettleman could get THAT much power that predictably. Frankly, I’ll be surprised if something actually shows up right here next to the current SC. I don’t think it actually makes any logistical sense to put another 40+ stalls here at the same place. It’s probably best to spread the traffic and retail love around the I5?