Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Kingman, AZ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Been thinking about this a little more. If it's going to be 14 stalls maybe they'll be adding 8 to the existing 6? But that wouldn't make it a separate site?
Doesn't the existing site at Carl's have 10 (plus some temp 72 kw's)? Glad to see they're slowly starting to add/upgrade locations with 250kw's along the cross country routes. Stopped at Kingman on the way home from our last two trips to TN and they were both awful experiences. This new v3 location will be a nice addition.

Forgive my math, but 14 stalls is odd for a V3 site
I think this may actually be 16. When the man I know with the City of Kingman told me about them I was sure he had said 16 (this was 2-3 months ago). It may be that someone along the line misheard or misremembered the number. Or they might have intended 16 and turned out not to have enough parking spaces or something like that. As to whether the original ones will be removed I would say there's a good chance. The original 6 are some of the oldest superchargers outside CA. They are rated at 120 kW but often can't get up that high in my experience. The 4 temps are of course the 72 kW urban chargers and sometimes those are faster than the originals.

I've been working a little on getting folks in Seligman to push for superchargers there, but they have small town problems like not enough power. My main contact doesn't have enough power at their property, and I don't personally know the folks across the road who might be a better choice, so my efforts have been kind of second-hand. I'm in Las Vegas so it takes a day trip to get over there to advocate in person. No one there owns an EV and they've got the small town 'reluctance to change' thing going on. (And there is not a single dedicated EV charger anywhere in town.) But they're starting to come around. My acquaintances certainly had fun taking my car for a spin!

No date set yet. Search for Kingman Economic Development on Facebook and you will find their post from a few days ago, where they ask for messages from owners interested in attending. They should be able to keep you updated if you message them.
Sounds great! I messaged them. If they're doing it on a Wednesday I'd be down to go for the event. Would be cool to have my car in the ceremonial charge up lol.

From fb page

1642543616810.jpeg