Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lacey, WA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I talked to a couple of guys from BR who were out there today installing the Tesla Parking Only signage. Asked them if they had an ETA. They hope to have the station powered up in less than 30 days, there was a glitch/issue with the City of Lacey they are waiting on getting resolved so they can install the transformer into the vault.

Real nice guys... They also watch these threads.... He mentioned my post showing the Medford cabinets lol.

I talked to a couple of guys from BR who were out there today installing the Tesla Parking Only signage. Asked them if they had an ETA. They hope to have the station powered up in less than 30 days, there was a glitch/issue with the City of Lacey they are waiting on getting resolved so they can install the transformer into the vault.

Real nice guys... They also watch these threads.... He mentioned my post showing the Medford cabinets lol.
The Lacey city manager actually drives a Model S lol. I'll message him if things get way out of hand.

I drove form Bellingham to Olympia and back to Bellingham last weekend and was really wishing this location had been open. I ended up charging at one of the 72kW locations and would have liked more juice. I assume this Lacey location is going to be 250kW? It looks like the thinner charge cables that I have seen on the 250kW stations.
This is definitely a V3 (250kW) site. What to look for (besides the cable diameter which can be hard to judge sometimes) are the charging cabinets that are vented on the top.

• Informative
Reactions: cewa and chrstna4
Andy Rider the Mayor of Lacey has a Model S. He's a bit of a self server so it doesn't surprise me.

Yeah, but Supercharging near home is an expensive way to go (in most cases). Advantage is if there was a mis-charge at home and a wake up to 'not enough charge to get to' wherever heading. Then a quick stop at the 'local' Supercharger solves that dilemma. But, that rarely happens.

Reactions: Acps110
Ok, from PSE.. They are awaiting a proceed to start a 12 day clock to shut down Sleater Kinney for a few hours. The 12 day is a notification period for the businesses affected by the shut down. I assume we will get one of those notifications since we own a good portion of the center.

The conduit is already in from the SK vault to the Tesla vault, and the lines are pulled from the Tesla Vault to the Tesla Cabinets. When shut down happens, Tesla's contractor will need to pull wires (a lot of them, 1200A, 480v) from the SK vault into the Tesla Vault. Potelco will then connect the pulled wires from vault to vault as well as connect the wires from vault to cabinet as they place the new transformer on top of the vault. Then, they energize and make sure the transformer is good to go, and leave. From there, it's all on Tesla's contractor to power up their cabinets and do the rest of their internal testing and connections.

So, I reached out to my contacts in the building department and they said nothing is holding up their end. The station received elec final on 9/17 and they are waiting on the call for “building” final.

looks like the delay sits with the contractor and/or PSE. PSE was on site mid last week doing some work on the meter cabinets. Our electrician said that usually means that’s the final step before transformer and it should be within the next 10 days....

Until then, I’ll spend my lunch breaks faux charging.
5EE9F701-F7A2-479C-AF3E-22B06588170A.jpeg