Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Little Rock, AR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow, not the reaction I expected. I was just going to avoid going through AK ever, it was also a stretch with an S60. Just wanted others to know there were some issues. I'm out at my parents with limited internet so it's made it difficult to follow-up. Glad others have gotten some answers!

Reactions: DurandalAI
Update on destination chargers in Conway.
Comfort Inn on Museum Road 2 connectors working /64 amps
Comfort Inn on Sanders 4 working 40 amps
Holiday Inn Express on Sanders 2 connectors working /72 amps and the other 12 amps
Candlewood Suites on Sanders 4 connectors just added/72 amps
Awesome news! Thanks so much for that. Should save me some "sphincter clenching" on future drives.

My Kids were at these outlets during the Christmas Break and noted that 5 of the 8 spots were ICED up and One slot being used by a Tesla even though there was plenty of available parking. Come on now people in Little Rock cant be that stupid. I told mey kids to call me the next time they see this and I will complain to Tesla and the Mall Owners. Although some one here said ICE cars are allowed to park for a half hour? How STUPID is that.

My Kids were at these outlets during the Christmas Break and noted that 5 of the 8 spots were ICED up and One slot being used by a Tesla even though there was plenty of available parking. Come on now people in Little Rock cant be that stupid. I told mey kids to call me the next time they see this and I will complain to Tesla and the Mall Owners. Although some one here said ICE cars are allowed to park for a half hour? How STUPID is that.
I’m sure some of them purposefully pro there to be ICEholes... it’s a problem we have here down in the (un)educated south.

We saw something similar when there on the Saturday after Thanksgiving. When we were leaving, there were a couple of large pickups parked in the charging spots (along with a couple of charging Teslas).

However, something must have happened just before we arrived. When we arrived, the charging spots were completely empty, and a security cart was hanging around with its lights rolling.

Has anyone heard anything lately about superchargers in the state? It's been almost a year since the construction of the LR supercharger.
I've been in contact with the planning commissions in Bentonville, Clarksville, and Fort Smith and no contact from Tesla as of yet. With all the increased SC activity going on around the country it must be our turn soon?? The supercharging team isn't even answering my emails.

Reactions: FlyF4
Has anyone heard anything lately about superchargers in the state? It's been almost a year since the construction of the LR supercharger.
I've been in contact with the planning commissions in Bentonville, Clarksville, and Fort Smith and no contact from Tesla as of yet. With all the increased SC activity going on around the country it must be our turn soon?? The supercharging team isn't even answering my emails.

Good that you bring up this question... a real concern for people.

The SC team is overwhelmed with requests and other types of emails from around the country. Eventually a response will come to you. I notice you mention "emails", plural. If it is the case that you send multiple emails about the same subject before getting a response, then this compounds the problem of overloading the SC team. I suggest holding off on multiple emails.

As for more SCs in the state, there is a combination of political, strategic, planning, and selection issues, but you can be assured that this area is not being ignored. As you probably know, similar to North Dakota where there are practically no superchargers in the whole state, its not a route you would take a Tesla across the state. Similarly, its not really possible to take any Tesla across I40 from Oklahoma City to Memphis via superchargers as they are too far apart. Tesla is greatly aware of this situation. It's one of the VERY FEW areas in the USA that doesn't allow interstate travel via SCs. I don't want to point the finger at the political climate in that state, but just to say they don't help matters. It isn't Tesla holding things up. Lastly, forget about talking to the planning commissions in those cities. Contact the building departments and they will give you the real scoop on what is happening LONG before the "planning" commission has a vague idea of what is going on ;-) The building department will update you on open permits. Apologies if you already know this. No insult intended :)

Not that it’s any consolation to Model S and X owners, but as long as they get them in sometime this year I will be happy. I’m sure Arkansas non-owners are pretty low on the priority list when it comes to Model 3 reservations, unfortunately. That said, we are looking to replace our fossil car that we use for long trips with the Model 3, and the ability to travel to Tulsa and OKC are essential for us. Clarksville would let us bridge that gap and also make it easier to go to Fayetteville, and I think the only DCFC is in Bentonville. Our other vehicle is a Leaf which is obviously only useful as a commuter car, and barely at that.

As for more SCs in the state, there is a combination of political, strategic, planning, and selection issues, but you can be assured that this area is not being ignored. As you probably know, similar to North Dakota where there are practically no superchargers in the whole state, its not a route you would take a Tesla across the state. Similarly, its not really possible to take any Tesla across I40 from Oklahoma City to Memphis via superchargers as they are too far apart. Tesla is greatly aware of this situation. It's one of the VERY FEW areas in the USA that doesn't allow interstate travel via SCs. I don't want to point the finger at the political climate in that state, but just to say they don't help matters. It isn't Tesla holding things up. Lastly, forget about talking to the planning commissions in those cities. Contact the building departments and they will give you the real scoop on what is happening LONG before the "planning" commission has a vague idea of what is going on ;-) The building department will update you on open permits. Apologies if you already know this. No insult intended :)
I'm not allowed to do this now? Disappointing... the jerky store in the Little Rock outlet mall has a nice selection, and free samples to boot... o_O:)

• Funny
I finally configured my Model 3 this week after sitting on the invite for over two weeks. As excited as I am about this next step, I remain incredibly frustrated by the lack of investment in both finishing off the Interstate 40 corridor and building out in Arkansas beyond the one SC in Little Rock. I remain shocked by the lack of Destination Charging in Fayetteville. I've spoken to legislators and the Governor personally about the potential benefits of EVs and the need for infrastructure. I get that Tesla is prioritizing the coasts alongside the Model 3 rollout, but it just feels odd to not finish off a full coast-to-coast corridor when it could be done with no more than one or two additional chargers in Arkansas and/or Oklahoma.

My son is a student at Hendrix college in Conway (40 miles NNE of LR). Driving my S 60 was quite the challenge from Dallas before the LR supercharger. Tesla’s informal plan sets out several more in AR, but it’s amazing that one company can do all of this stuff so well, even though it’s far from perfect....

My son is a student at Hendrix college in Conway (40 miles NNE of LR). Driving my S 60 was quite the challenge from Dallas before the LR supercharger. Tesla’s informal plan sets out several more in AR, but it’s amazing that one company can do all of this stuff so well, even though it’s far from perfect....
yup agree, and you likely know that AR needs at least 1 or two more SCs on I40. It's practically impossible to get from Oklahoma City to Memphis on I40.

I finally configured my Model 3 this week after sitting on the invite for over two weeks. As excited as I am about this next step, I remain incredibly frustrated by the lack of investment in both finishing off the Interstate 40 corridor and building out in Arkansas beyond the one SC in Little Rock. I remain shocked by the lack of Destination Charging in Fayetteville. I've spoken to legislators and the Governor personally about the potential benefits of EVs and the need for infrastructure. I get that Tesla is prioritizing the coasts alongside the Model 3 rollout, but it just feels odd to not finish off a full coast-to-coast corridor when it could be done with no more than one or two additional chargers in Arkansas and/or Oklahoma.
Are you in Arkansas? If so, would you be willing to let us know some time you plan on going to a supercharger or other location for us current reservation holders to get a look at it? I promise not to touch it without permission or get too much drool on it. ;) I have two reservations, and I’m trying to decide on buying first production or trying to remain more budget conscious by waiting for the standard range without the PUP. I’m also trying to convince my wife to be patient and not get a Honda Clarity PHEV. She’s anxious to get out of her current car.

yup agree, and you likely know that AR needs at least 1 or two more SCs on I40. It's practically impossible to get from Oklahoma City to Memphis on I40.

I have been to Bentonville in Northwest Arkansas in my Model S two or three times.
Where there is a will, and some strategy, there is a way.

Last time, I returned to Dallas via Little Rock/Texarkana/Sulphur Springs.

Trip there was Dallas to Ardmore to Catoosa (Tulsa) to Bentonville.
Hotel 21 C has two HPWC and a J1772.

So, using similar driving and charging strategy, Memphis to OKC is doable, just not all Supercharged.
Be sure to bring several dozen single dollar bills and handfulls of change for some of the tollroads in Oklahoma,
Spend the night at 21C in Bentonville, explore Crystal Bridges Museum (free) and adjacent grounds and forests.
See a bit of "Off the Beaten Path" America.

AND there are two or three or four other worthwhile places to explore nearby.

Life can be an enjoyable learning adventure, not just a Mad Dash down the road.

Are you in Arkansas? If so, would you be willing to let us know some time you plan on going to a supercharger or other location for us current reservation holders to get a look at it? I promise not to touch it without permission or get too much drool on it. ;) I have two reservations, and I’m trying to decide on buying first production or trying to remain more budget conscious by waiting for the standard range without the PUP. I’m also trying to convince my wife to be patient and not get a Honda Clarity PHEV. She’s anxious to get out of her current car.

Would be happy to find a time to share with fellow Arkansans once my Model 3 is in hand--hopefully next month. We live in Hot Springs, but make frequent trips to Little Rock. It's a shame that I won't likely get it before the Oaklawn season is over. We could have a "Horse Power Meets EV Horsepower" day at the track.

• Love
Would be happy to find a time to share with fellow Arkansans once my Model 3 is in hand--hopefully next month. We live in Hot Springs, but make frequent trips to Little Rock. It's a shame that I won't likely get it before the Oaklawn season is over. We could have a "Horse Power Meets EV Horsepower" day at the track.
Be sure to check out the Central Arkansas car show circuit to show off your new dream car! I'm putting Buddy in one this weekend in Bebee.

Really need the Blytheville and/or Forest City SCs built out. Visiting my sister in Little Rock this week. The Memphis SC takes u 25 miles out of your way and then back when traveling to LIttle Rock from the north. This is over an hour detour. It is painful to drive 25 miles east charge enough to drive 165 miles to Little Rock. Then head back over the same 25 miles to get back to where we just were. With a charger in Blytheville or Forest City we could stop for a quick 10 or 15 charge and make it no problem to Little Rock.