Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger Live Status

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
im a noob in javascript but maybe we can get the date from ev-prices website.

can anyone make sense out of this:
printing "$.connection.superchargerHub"
View attachment 214288 View attachment 214289
im a noob in javascript but maybe we can get the date from ev-prices website.

can anyone make sense out of this:
printing "$.connection.superchargerHub"
View attachment 214288 View attachment 214289

May I suggest contacting me rather than trying to scrape the data from the site.

• Helpful
Reactions: scottf200 and Ulmo
The week view would be interesting. Easy to find the busiest times.

That would be good for trip planning. A simple graph would be great. Smaller graphs for a large listing of regional superchargers for picking good possible routes for a single trip, and ability for larger graphs for fine detail planning for a frequent commute and deep knowledge for personal commute planning for those who need it with high resolution data. (Of course, anybody in that commute situation should probably also buy a Chademo adapter and start using inexpensive Chademo (EVGO monthly and those other specific chargers that are reasonably priced (e.g., ChargePoint San Mateo under the always-full SuperCharger (4 fast DC chargers w/Chademo))), like I've recently been finding out.)

Hey! When does this get integrated into PlugShare and Tesla-Waze? That would be totally awesome! They could pull down data from wk057, seeing as how wk057 is already doing some of the fine tuning on update frequency and public vs. private data (not to mention access to the info in the first place).

I've got scraping up and running again, but had to significantly slow it down for now. Only polling the world about twice an hour now. Going to try and prioritize sites that are actually active.
What would be good for this situation is propagating the "last update from source ___" data out from there, so that the Live Map and other users such as PlugShare/etc. could forward that info to their UI ("last updated at ___ (x minutes ago)") so that users knew how current the info was.

Last edited:
That would be good for trip planning. A simple graph would be great. Smaller graphs for a large listing of regional superchargers for picking good possible routes for a single trip, and ability for larger graphs for fine detail planning for a frequent commute and deep knowledge for personal commute planning for those who need it with high resolution data. (Of course, anybody in that commute situation should probably also buy a Chademo adapter and start using inexpensive Chademo (EVGO monthly and those other specific chargers that are reasonably priced (e.g., ChargePoint San Mateo under the always-full SuperCharger (4 fast DC chargers w/Chademo))), like I've recently been finding out.)

Hey! When does this get integrated into PlugShare and Tesla-Waze? That would be totally awesome! They could pull down data from wk057, seeing as how wk057 is already doing some of the fine tuning on update frequency and public vs. private data (not to mention access to the info in the first place).

What would be good for this situation is propagating the "last update from source ___" data out from there, so that the Live Map and other users such as PlugShare/etc. could forward that info to their UI ("last updated at ___ (x minutes ago)") so that users knew how current the info was.

Historical data will be added to the map info windows soon.

Last updated information was added today.

I've got a good setup going for collecting the near-real-time data in a manner that Tesla won't be able to easily distinguish from regular use of the internal on-VPN API by the car. I'm not going to go into details on how I'm doing this since Tesla has already made changes since inception that demonstrate, IMO, that they simply don't want this data available. But, I do want it exposed and I think many others do as well. I see no real reason to not publish this information. If Tesla has a problem with it they are welcome to contact me directly. Honestly, there should be no reason for any of us to have to do this. Tesla should already have a kick ass web-based version of this data available for customers to use, complete with historical usage trends for trip planning.... but I guess that's never going to happen.

That said, I'm currently providing the data to sites like @wolfson292's and others that are able to make use of it on a case-by-case basis with really my only requests being noting that I'm providing the data, don't expose my API, and put minimal effort into protecting the public side of things from simple scraping of the data. If you have a project where you'd like to access this data please just contact me before hammering sites that make use of it.

I am databasing all changes in the data in an effort to expose raw data to partner sites for display of historical usage patterns. I feel like this has been needed for years... and I finally have a chance to get and provide that info to the community since Tesla will not. I am going to wait until I have at least a full week of data before attempting to clean the data up into useful historical usage info. The data is not perfect. There are many stations where either the whole station doesn't report anything, or where only part of the station reports. The nav shows stalls that aren't reporting as in use erroneously. I feel like I'll be able to filter this a bit as I gather more data, but can't be 100% sure without Tesla providing a count of unavailable stalls like they were for a few hours in the beginning.

Anyway, I'll continue to put effort into maintaining my data collection. I hope Tesla doesn't continue to waste resources in attempts to prevent this. I think they should really spend those resources elsewhere on more important things.

Last edited:
I've got a good setup going for collecting the near-real-time data in a manner that Tesla won't be able to easily distinguish from regular use of the internal on-VPN API by the car. I'm not going to go into details on how I'm doing this since Tesla has already made changes since inception that demonstrate, IMO, that they simply don't want this data available. But, I do want it exposed and I think many others do as well. I see no real reason to not publish this information. If Tesla has a problem with it they are welcome to contact me directly. Honestly, there should be no reason for any of us to have to do this. Tesla should already have a kick ass web-based version of this data available for customers to use, complete with historical usage trends for trip planning.... but I guess that's never going to happen.

It's obvious to me why Tesla wouldn't want the information to be public: if the information changes behavior, then the information is less useful to Tesla.

It's obvious to me why Tesla wouldn't want the information to be public: if the information changes behavior, then the information is less useful to Tesla.
That's true, but so is their pre-selection of charging sites, and a horrible presumption that one non-24 hour battery swap station in a stinky cow pen area during a time only rich people owned Model S's is a detiminer for behavior of their more common customers. This would just be one more thing in a long list of theirs to consider.

The side you're presenting is that Tesla gets more data looking at owners waiting in line to charge that could have circumvented that wait using more information. I'm not even sure that's true, since that's why it's on the touchscreen now anyway.

I'm not as smart as I used to be (neural degrading); I feel like I'm partially missing good examples of your (otherwise statistically plausible) point. I definitely don't see it a good cost-benefit to prevent information. I'm always prejudiced toward more information, since I was raised in an era where way too much information was hidden. It's getting even worse today with created virtual realities from the likes of Google, Twitter, Reddit, FB, etc. in addition to the older VR's from older sources (e.g., Hollywood, etc.). At least reality has some more penetration than it used to. I don't respect organizations that fight reality in favor of false reality virtual presentations. Then again, I think Tesla is or can be competitive in a real environment, and some people disagree.

Having said all that, I almost always enjoy your posts and the thoughts I have about them.

Last edited:

Can you elaborate on that? I am not disputing that it seems Tesla does not necessarily want this data widely public (let alone in an unofficial manner). I am just unsure of what you are getting at?

Didn't Tesla put this info inside the car to change behavior in the first place? To help with Supercharging congestion? I would assume this data in public mostly helps with that same goal.

What I would speculate Tesla dislikes about the current approach is both its unofficial nature (they can't control its quality and it can expose lacks in their own), as well as - more importantly - the data being available to the competition.

a horrible presumption that one non-24 hour battery swap station in a stinky cow pen area during a time only rich people owned Model S's is a detiminer for behavior of their more common customers

That was obviously never the full truth and I'm sure even Tesla knew it. It's a bit like that change of wording on the Supercharging. They went back to convenient wording in a 2012 press release to justify the 2015 long distance wording change, when the rest of their sales machine had been parroting quite a different message in the years between. Not the full truth.

Ironically, the way Tesla played down battery swapping based on one appointment-only station is similar to how ICE manufacturers played down EVs based on very limited sales and usage data coming from unoptimal circumstances (unoptimal sales channels, limited sales regions, poor products etc.). It was simply not a fair comparison.

I'd rather Tesla just said they are prioritizing and putting that idea on the backburner, instead of making such a statement on its viability. It was nice they tried, there is no shame in not following up on it. I have no problems with Tesla prioritizing Supercharging, because obviously they can't do it all and Supercharging probably gives them and the users better immediate bang for the buck. But to make such a conclusion on its viability so publicly? Poor showing.

Battery swapping was already used for commercial purposes on the early EVs (think 100 years back). It is not hard to see that is one area where we might see it return, e.g. semis.

Last edited:
Reactions: apacheguy
From what I can tell there are a lot of stations that have stalls with unknown availability. Tesla is counting these as occupied on the nav screen and in the data provided on the back end of that... hopefully they'll fix this issue. There are also a bunch of stations with no data at all.

I stopped at a supercharger last evening that the map said had two of 6 stalls available, But there was no one there.

I plugged in and went next door for a quick snack and got back 11 minutes after the car had finished charging.

Normally with mine being the only car there I'd not have worried about being charged for going over the 5 minute grace period since the fee only kicks in if the site is more than half occupied. But with the map still showing only two stalls available I wondered if the system would have changed me for the overtime.

So I rang Tesla and they checked my account and said there were no charges.

Still, until they get this bug fixed it might be a good idea for owners to check with Tesla if the map shows the site is over 50% occupied when it's not and you go overtime.

Thanks for the post @Patrick W. I can certainly see charging anxiety increasing with lack of proper data and/or proper notifications (the new app seems to have broken notifications even further for some? of us). The only way to really avoid that is remain within 5 minutes of your car at all times and watch that app like a hawk.

Still, until they get this bug fixed it might be a good idea for owners to check with Tesla if the map shows the site is over 50% occupied when it's not and you go overtime.

Or just take a picture with a timestamp? Most phones should be set to add a timestamp automatically, as part of each image's metadata — location too. That gives you evidence that the site was under 50% at the time.

Does it need to be under 50% when you arrive, when you leave, the entire time?

I think it has to under 50% when you are done charging. Someone here reported they arrived at a station that was empty, then started getting the notices about moving their car after the charge was complete while they ate. When they got back to their car the station was over 50% full.

Does it need to be under 50% when you arrive, when you leave, the entire time?

Supercharger Idle Fee

How will I be billed?
You will be billed for any idle fees incurred at your next Service Center visit. Please contact customer support for any questions or inquiries.

Do idle fees apply if there are Supercharger spots still available?
Idle fees apply to any car occupying a Supercharger if the station is at least 50% full once the charge session is complete.

How do I know when I’ve incurred an idle fee?
The Tesla mobile app notifies you both when charging nears completion and again when fully done. Additional notifications will alert you when idle fees are incurred.

Underlining is mine. I read this as any time in between when you finish charging and when you leave.

"If the car is moved within 5 minutes, the fee is waived."

• Informative
Reactions: Sonny Daze
Not impossible, obviously. The calls to Tesla for the Supercharge status are actually just plain old regular HTTP.

The problem is that the calls go over their internal VPN to servers not reachable on the public internet. So we have the full URLs and parameters to make the calls to retrieve the data, the problem is you can only make those calls on a car connected to Tesla.

is that GET or POST calls?

If it is GET can you try on the in car browser?