Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger Live Status

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Council Bluffs Supercharger indicated 2 bays available and yet we are the only one here charging.

Attachments

• 14871160311751770722411.jpg
    14871160311751770722411.jpg
    250.1 KB · Views: 82
  • 14871162181901787976732.jpg
    14871162181901787976732.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 67
20 stalls in the middle of LA would just feed the locals. Going north on the 5, a stop at Buena Park will get you to Tejón so there is no reason to stop at Burbank.

What if I was visiting friends in El Monte driving from the Bay area? I am already low at my destination, but enough to make it to Burbank. Do you think it's an efficient use of my time to backtrack 35 mins in traffic Southbound only to have to double-back through the same traffic again skipping Burbank? That's preposterous.

Supercharging is already enough of a penalty vs. filling the gas tank. If I have to drive the opposite direction for 15 miles in SoCal, that is a huge negative.

If locals use the SC (which is their right) then too bad, I shouldn't have to suffer because of it. Tesla needs to build more chargers. Maybe next time they won't be so wreck-less in promoting free-unlimited supercharging as a selling point if they have no desire to make good on their promise to everyone who purchased, including locals. Many people did buy a Tesla with the understanding they could afford it by saving gas and filling up regularly at the SC. I don't do this, but many people do and it's what they paid for.

Wait what?!? 35kw would take 3 hours to charge a 100D is that right?

Yes, which is why that was my first and worst SC experience ever. I'm not buying into the value of SC over taking ICE. My time is just too valuable to dick around for 1 hour plus waiting to charge. Instead, I have leveraged the Tesla for local commute only to save me trips to the gas station by charging at home. A win for me and Tesla, -I save time by not going to the gas station and they don't have to pay for my road trips since SC is too slow and unreliable for my purposes.

Last edited:
Thank you for putting this into a desktop browser view. Just a note: the Waze traffic data points made it difficult to see the Superchargers in LA today. If you were soliciting a change request, I would vote to add a Waze traffic data on/off toggle. Regardless, this is very cool and thank you for doing it.
Good suggestion.

I left this website open overnight in Safari and it ballooned to a 22GB memory leak. Not sure where this issue is, Safari or the website, but fair warning to others wanting to keep this tab loaded.
Thanks for the heads up. Probably something to do with adding and removing markers on updates. I will take a look.

Have gotten quite a few requests for access to the API I made for the live data. Will get to them, but have been busy.

Edit: On a side note, I'm not sure the misinformation from the data (like the in-car nav showing far more stalls in use than really are) is completely intentional... but could be. Initially there was enough data to clarify the number of occupied stalls. Since they removed some of that data both the in-car nav and the data I'm collecting have to do some amount of estimating. And honestly, my data (and thus @wolfson292's map) is doing it a little better than the car right now as far as estimated available stalls. Hoping Tesla cleans up the data, but the in-car display does give the appearance that the network is more utilized than it actually is.... which may be what Tesla is going for, I don't know.

Last edited:
Tesla should add a feature to the smartphone apps and/or console software to allow owners to report any discrepancies between the reported stall usage and actual usage.

Tesla can't automatically detect if stalls are unusable because there is a parked car in the stall (not connected), something is blocking access to the stall, or there is a problem preventing the stall from being operational (such as a damaged connector).

A while back, we hit a 6 stall location, that had construction equipment blocking 4 of the 6 stalls - and without manual reporting of the blockage, Tesla wouldn't have known about the problem - and the live status would be showing 4 of the 6 stalls were always available.

Tesla should add a feature to the smartphone apps and/or console software to allow owners to report any discrepancies between the reported stall usage and actual usage.

Tesla can't automatically detect if stalls are unusable because there is a parked car in the stall (not connected), something is blocking access to the stall, or there is a problem preventing the stall from being operational (such as a damaged connector).

A while back, we hit a 6 stall location, that had construction equipment blocking 4 of the 6 stalls - and without manual reporting of the blockage, Tesla wouldn't have known about the problem - and the live status would be showing 4 of the 6 stalls were always available.
Preferably with a way to add a photo of the problem.

• Helpful
Reactions: scottf200
@bob_p if I recall correctly, the blockage(s) had happened at a site at a hotel. I'll bet, the hotel staff have little idea what is happening at the Superchargers -- and tend to be desk-bound 99% of the time. Accordingly, there ought to be an app that at least alerts a specific hotel that a problem is emerging... I don't think this is solved by just email or text messaging alone to the front desk. Or maybe Tesla ought to spring for a closed-circuit TV loop to give coverage for the space for the front desk?

Have gotten quite a few requests for access to the API I made for the live data. Will get to them, but have been busy.

Edit: On a side note, I'm not sure the misinformation from the data (like the in-car nav showing far more stalls in use than really are) is completely intentional... but could be. Initially there was enough data to clarify the number of occupied stalls. Since they removed some of that data both the in-car nav and the data I'm collecting have to do some amount of estimating. And honestly, my data (and thus @wolfson292's map) is doing it a little better than the car right now as far as estimated available stalls. Hoping Tesla cleans up the data, but the in-car display does give the appearance that the network is more utilized than it actually is.... which may be what Tesla is going for, I don't know.

Awesome! Keep us posted. I can jump right in with the ios app

For eurpopean users you can use Supercharger Belegung it's faster and works good in the tesla car.
It also includes DE/AT/CH Stall-Error and general problems (grey pins).

Update every 10 minuts, errors every hour.

Number = free stalls
green : > 50% free (full power charge possible)
yellow : power divided
red : <= 25% free
grey: stall problems (click on it for details)

click on pins for details.

Does anyone knows of other data about stall problems in europe I could also include?

file.php

Reactions: Missile Toad
It showed 5/6 in use but there was only one car there when I arrived. It continued to show 5 of 6 stalls in use the entire time but in reality, there were only 1-3 cars while I was tracking it.

Conspiracy theory time!!!1!111

What if some kind of charger hardware issue resulted in some low draw on a supercharger which triggers a 'current is flowing so the charger must be in use' message.

And what if that hardware issue is related to the reduced charging rate phonomenon?

:eek:

That's similar to what I saw in Denver on Saturday. It showed 5/6 in use but there was only one car there when I arrived. It continued to show 5 of 6 stalls in use the entire time but in reality, there were only 1-3 cars while I was tracking it.

Yeah, that's one of the sites that seems to have misinformation. @wolfson292's site, using my interpretation of the data, is reporting it as at least 2 available with 2 more probably available, which is the best estimate based on what the internal data is giving to the car. I do hope Tesla cleans up the data.

Yeah, that's one of the sites that seems to have misinformation. @wolfson292's site, using my interpretation of the data, is reporting it as at least 2 available with 2 more probably available, which is the best estimate based on what the internal data is giving to the car. I do hope Tesla cleans up the data.
Another one that is obviously wrong is Goodland, KS. It shows "0 of 6 stalls available (9 also possibly available)" but there are only 6 stalls there.

Another one that is obviously wrong is Goodland, KS. It shows "0 of 6 stalls available (9 also possibly available)" but there are only 6 stalls there.

Yeah, the data for that one is actually completely broken. Stall data updated 7415 minutes ago, at 2017-02-10 10:50:03. I only have one data point for it, and it's just completely wrong.