Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Maroochydore, Qld

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s official:

979B82B7-5625-4D60-AF6B-72640A394C9F.jpeg

Reactions: aegidius
This video posted by a Brisbane owner gives some more information on where the chargers are located. They are still not operational though.

Thanks for the video, I'll be reporting on this SC location on today's recording to the Talking Tesla Podcast and your vid gave me a better sense of the site. The full supercharger, with 8-cars waiting, that you referred to was in Culver City, CA near LA international airport. The Kettlemen City supercharger midway between Los Angeles and San Francisco has 40-stalls and to date has never been reported full. The situation in California is serious where at peak times there are waits al long as 2-hours at Superchargers. Thanks again!

Reactions: PStewart
Thanks for the video, I'll be reporting on this SC location on today's recording to the Talking Tesla Podcast and your vid gave me a better sense of the site. The full supercharger, with 8-cars waiting, that you referred to was in Culver City, CA near LA international airport. The Kettlemen City supercharger midway between Los Angeles and San Francisco has 40-stalls and to date has never been reported full. The situation in California is serious where at peak times there are waits al long as 2-hours at Superchargers. Thanks again!
Actually, people did report Kettleman as momentarily full at various times during the recent Thanksgiving holiday week. With 40 stalls, there is typically turnover more than once per minute, so even if there were a queue, it would probably move pretty fast.

We are also getting a 61 stall Tesla installation in Silicon Valley. It will have a mixture of Wall Connectors and Urban Superchargers. The number of each is not known yet since it's still under construction.

Reactions: Hairyman
Best way to prevent ICEing is to use the chargers frequently.
The chargers nearest to me are in Bondi Junction Westfield, at first they were ICE’d frequently but more recently they are occupied by charging cars more often and the number of incidents of ICEing has dropped off. Even now in the lead up to Xmas and the ICEing is infrequent. EV’s using the spaces but not charging is another matter unfortunately.

Reactions: PStewart
View attachment 464531 Now has CCS 2, Model 3 can charge here.
Brisbane Service Centre says were added yesterday. 10/10/19.

I've used the CCS charger, at Sunshine Plaza once or twice, so far both Model 3 bays were open in fact I was the only Tesla there, but early morning and not school holidays...

I've noticed it being used fully occupied at other times....

I prefer to charge there before heading to Brisbane, than charge in Brisbane.... I hope they open another Supercharger location in Brisbane with more stalls in, a more strategic location...

Reactions: HighlyCharged