Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Mojave, CA (EXPANDED Dec 2021, 6 V2 + 4 V3 + 2 urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
See, this is why I suck at permit searches. I struggled to find the parcel #, using Google, and it was there all along. I guess the number I was using was the ATN, whatever that is.
Clearly, there must be a permit for this, right?

Looks like you need the APN9 from the GIS. And it isn’t always the same as the APN with a 0 at the end. And if you click on additional info it has the ATN and APN listed in full. I believe T is for Tax and P is for Parcel.
1620053709744.png

I would think they’d need a permit and there are permits from last week on the site so they update it regularly. But no sign of one. Maybe the temporary nature avoids permits? Although I think they’d still need one for electrical hookup.

Looks like you need the APN9 from the GIS. And it isn’t always the same as the APN with a 0 at the end. And if you click on additional info it has the ATN and APN listed in full. I believe T is for Tax and P is for Parcel.

I would think they’d need a permit and there are permits from last week on the site so they update it regularly. But no sign of one. Maybe the temporary nature avoids permits? Although I think they’d still need one for electrical hookup.
I spent a bit of time on this yesterday, and whatever you did would have helped me a lot. Can you please teach me how you found this info?
Also, the address for the temp/expanded stalls is actually different from the building next door. I tried to do an address "range" without success. Although, I have found many errors in the Kern Co search engine, so I do not trust it very much.

Kern County Assessor GIS map here:

Check the APN label box then click the Land button. This should add the APN tags to each parcel. Clicking an APN number will bring up the summaries in the image above. Clicking additional info will bring up a lot more info.

Regarding the different address, where did you get that info? The APN appears the same (unless you are saying it isn’t on that APN) so that should allow you to search for all building permits on that property. Not sure if the address really matters. FWIW, Anthony’s Grill and Big O Relief have the same address as the Tesla Supercharger.

There's a prefab concrete slab with 4 V3s along the CA14 side of that plot. Then next to the restaurant is a metal pallet with 3 urban chargers. It's in a very strange location, one of them is completely unaccessible. Gravel has been placed on the ground with garden boarders. It all looks extremely temporary except for the conduit running to the chargers. You'd also have to jump the curb to get up in there.

There's a prefab concrete slab with 4 V3s along the CA14 side of that plot. Then next to the restaurant is a metal pallet with 3 urban chargers. It's in a very strange location, one of them is completely unaccessible. Gravel has been placed on the ground with garden boarders. It all looks extremely temporary except for the conduit running to the chargers. You'd also have to jump the curb to get up in there.
Right. Read above. The Urban charger pallet is a known temporary configuration, where always, only 2 of the 3 work, so that it can be placed in a variety of locations to hit two spots. Where they operational?

Right. Read above. The Urban charger pallet is a known temporary configuration, where always, only 2 of the 3 work, so that it can be placed in a variety of locations to hit two spots. Where they operational?
The urban ones might be. I thought I heard some fan noise coming from them. The inaccessible one has red caution tape around it. The V3s still have their shipping covers on. There's no easy way to get your vehicle in there to begin with though.

The urban ones might be. I thought I heard some fan noise coming from them. The inaccessible one has red caution tape around it. The V3s still have their shipping covers on. There's no easy way to get your vehicle in there to begin with though.
Aside from it being possibly blocked with the Home Depot buckets, is the driveway/ramp harder to navigate than it looks in the photo on post #250?

Aside from it being possibly blocked with the Home Depot buckets, is the driveway/ramp harder to navigate than it looks in the photo on post #250?
No, I didn't notice the little makeshift curb cut at first. You can get in there but it's very tight. Going to have to drive in, turn right, and then back into the charger space. Very tight.

Mojave is moving up in the world (very slowly).

Apparently 2 more stalls have opened, likely the 2 palletized Urban Superchargers. The car indicates 8 (250 kW) as well, but an on-site report is needed to know if any of the 4 new V3 stalls are available. I suspect today’s configuration is 6 V2 and 2 Urban.

71D59C0F-62FB-4B5E-8F34-583758CEE2EF.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: mociaf9 and bmah