Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Myrtle Beach, SC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am in the parking lot right now. There is no evidence of any work beyond what was shown in photos earlier in this thread.... e.g. painted lines on the surface and a few electrical lines sticking up out of the ground.

Looking at the electrical lines, I have to wonder if the ones currently in place are of sufficient size for the supercharger. Looking around the parking lot I see another location next to the through road that has an identical situation with three electrical cables sticking up out of the ground. Wonder if these are for the large light stands?

I'm pleased to report that construction on this SC has begun today 2/21/17. Here are photos of the progress today.

The construction crew was very polite and helpful, but they made it clear that they could not say when construction of this SC would be complete. They deferred to Tesla for that information.

However we have learned that the mall would like the construction project complete within 2 weeks because that is when the mall is planning to resurface the parking lot.

Based on this, my guess is construction will go very quickly. After that, the date when Tesla will have the utility switched on, the permits finaled, and the system fully tested is TBD.

Attachments

• IMG_6012.JPG
    IMG_6012.JPG
    450.6 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_6013.JPG
    IMG_6013.JPG
    823.3 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_6014.JPG
    IMG_6014.JPG
    445.9 KB · Views: 102
I'm pleased to report that construction on this SC has begun today 2/21/17. Here are photos of the progress today.

The construction crew was very polite and helpful, but they made it clear that they could not say when construction of this SC would be complete. They deferred to Tesla for that information.

However we have learned that the mall would like the construction project complete within 2 weeks because that is when the mall is planning to resurface the parking lot.

Based on this, my guess is construction will go very quickly. After that, the date when Tesla will have the utility switched on, the permits finaled, and the system fully tested is TBD.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE UPDATE!!!

From what I have heard Charleston is supposed to get a Service Center.

I've only heard that the rather terrible Baker Motor Company is to get body shop certification. (From Baker themselves) That said, with the number of cars here just the past year since I got mine, I would not be surprised if we got service, but given they bundle service with sales locations, I can't see it. (Yet) We are actually a very small metro area. Perhaps they have ideas I don't. I'd love it if they did. Charlotte is a hike!

I've only heard that the rather terrible Baker Motor Company is to get body shop certification. (From Baker themselves) That said, with the number of cars here just the past year since I got mine, I would not be surprised if we got service, but given they bundle service with sales locations, I can't see it. (Yet) We are actually a very small metro area. Perhaps they have ideas I don't. I'd love it if they did. Charlotte is a hike!
I heard it from the Charlotte service center. They also mentioned a service center in Asheville.