Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Napa, CA (EXPANDED Jun 2018, 12 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You probably want to ask the showroom first. Also, some locations such as the Walnut Creek store have their plugs behind gates.

At Walnut Creek the HPWCs are in the Broadway Plaza shopping center garage on the ground floor in a valet area behind a gate. if you call the SC during business hours, they can let you in if you need a quick charge.
In Corte Madera, the HPWCs are behind the stores between the stores and 101 along an access road. No gate.
In Palo Alto, in the parking lot in front of the service drive--no gate.

Howdy y'all,

Went by the Napa Supercharger site. Thought I'd share update photos. Not very exciting yet. Lotsa dirt.

First photo: Supercharger area. Fire hydrant water lines are underground now.

Second photo: Block wall going up for Convenience store, concrete pads going in, forms going in for gas pumps islands. Ditching done for High Voltage line to transformer (then to second Trans by Superchargers)

002.jpg

001.jpg

Ok, my turn to post photos!

I stopped by early this morning on my way to Mount St Helena for some rock climbing.

It looks like there are two Tesla cabinets ready to be installed, although the rest of the site doesn't look quite ready for them yet.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Onward! More dirt!

I did not see any cabinets marked "Tesla" but there are a bunch of piles of everything. Pipes are going underground, tanks are going underground.

First Pic from Allied Propane parking lot, looking at SC site next to curb, Truck stop canopy going up, tanks underground in background

Napa SC3sm.jpg

Second pic: from the Hwy 29 frontage road looking toward the SC area over by trees. See front gas station canopy, tanks underground, truck stop canopy in back, concrete pad for convenience store will go between them, not visible

Napa SC2 sm.jpg

Convenience store site between gas station front (near 29) and truck stop in rear. SCs will be over next to Allied's parking lot.

Napa SC1sm.jpg

Hope this doesn't get boring. We'll see what they get done in another week or two!

Last edited:
Well the "Today" image of Tesla's supercharger site now shows Napa as "coming soon" (gray pin between the two red ones for Petaluma and Vacaville):

Screen Shot 2015-09-10 at 1.06.35 PM.png

In the past, it only showed up on the 2015 map. So it sounds like progress should be made quickly now!

What will you do there while charging, there is nothing very close to this site in the way of restaurants.

That keeps owners from plugging in and going off for an hour while other cars wait for a charge. If all you can do is go to the convenience store for twinkies, your car won't be sitting there at the charger, not charging.

I expect that Napa will be a busy short term charge place. All you need is enough charge to get up valley (about 30 miles) and back. From there, it's about 25 miles to Petaluma or Vacaville, on your way. Or about 70 miles to Fremont. No need to eat at the supercharger. Napa Valley restaurants want you in their parking lot. And you know there are several L2 chargers up valley.

That keeps owners from plugging in and going off for an hour while other cars wait for a charge. If all you can do is go to the convenience store for twinkies, your car won't be sitting there at the charger, not charging.

I expect that Napa will be a busy short term charge place. All you need is enough charge to get up valley (about 30 miles) and back. From there, it's about 25 miles to Petaluma or Vacaville, on your way. Or about 70 miles to Fremont. No need to eat at the supercharger. Napa Valley restaurants want you in their parking lot. And you know there are several L2 chargers up valley.

When coming up from the lower peninsula you pretty often need a little boost. I made it up, drove around for the day, and made it back home with 20 rated miles remaining. That's a bit closer than I'd like. A quick 10 minute stop here would be perfect.

Has anyone stopped by lately to check on construction progress amidst all the fires in the area?

I was hoping to stop by this Friday as I had planned on camping at Bothe, but I'm not sure it's happening anymore due to the fires... so sad.

Has anyone stopped by lately to check on construction progress amidst all the fires in the area?

I was hoping to stop by this Friday as I had planned on camping at Bothe, but I'm not sure it's happening anymore due to the fires... so sad.

I think the location is far enough from the fires, although that doesn't necessarily mean the construction work hasn't been affected. I'll see if I can swing by the location this week.

Hi, folks.

Went through Napa today. Lookin' good! See if you recognize any of this stuff growing out of the ground....

As to the fires, they are still way back in the hills, ten miles northeast of the far end of Napa Valley. We got a half inch rain yesterday which should have helped a lot. As you hear, there were hundreds of homes burned, thousands of people had to evacuate. Some of the evacuations have been lifted. Still many homes and commercial properties threatened, but no where near Bothe. It's 15 miles away from there in the eastern hills.

Napa SC 1 cr.jpg
Napa SC 2 cr.jpg

Hi, folks.

Went through Napa today. Lookin' good! See if you recognize any of this stuff growing out of the ground....

As to the fires, they are still way back in the hills, ten miles northeast of the far end of Napa Valley. We got a half inch rain yesterday which should have helped a lot. As you hear, there were hundreds of homes burned, thousands of people had to evacuate. Some of the evacuations have been lifted. Still many homes and commercial properties threatened, but no where near Bothe. It's 15 miles away from there in the eastern hills.

That sure looks like evidence of Supercharger construction to me.

Hope the rains keep coming for you Pacific Coast folks...

Thanks for posting the update and the pics.

Hi, folks.

View attachment 94560View attachment 94561

Hi, folks.

Thanks Rob!! You beat me to it ;-) I was going to stop by this afternoon on my way to Bothe and take a few photos as well, but the way my work day is looking I don't think I'd be able to make it on time before sunset anyway. Side note: I'm really saddened by the fires... hope it's a wake-up call to climate change naysayers. Unfortunately they tend to live outside of CA.

IMG_4780.JPG
IMG_4782.JPG
DSC_0161sm.jpg
Stopped by yesterday on my drive through Napa. Visually, not much progress from the photos from last week. I did note the inverter cabinets were installed in the cinder block enclosure. I must say it comes across as quite anachronistic locating this SC next to a working, large scale industrial propane facility. Something akin to the Shamrock SC located on the grounds of a historic gas station (turned very good Route 66 museum).:smile: