Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - New Jersey Turnpike Rest Areas - Molly Pitcher & Joyce Kilmer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FYI the southbound Molly Pitcher supercharger is now live. Passed it yesterday and it looked open and now it's also showing up on the tesla supercharger maps as available

08c38a973361f2cda25349d6c1c5b55f.jpg

18d09b563c6c157026450733ab7c186d.jpg

Last edited:
I really like how these two SC locations are way way off in a far corner of the parking area... almost zero chance of ICEing and no curious people looking around -- Americans are way too lazy to walk that far from the service building to check out our cars. :)

Also, more room for an organized waiting line if the SC is crowded. They need to make the Newark, DE SC like these -- far away from the main building. I think most Model S owners would be giddy to walk a few hundred extra feet to avoid chronic ICEing like in DE.

I really like how these two SC locations are way way off in a far corner of the parking area... almost zero chance of ICEing and no curious people looking around -- Americans are way too lazy to walk that far from the service building to check out our cars. :)

Yea but I've only been there a handful of times and people already drive out of there way to look at the cars and chargers and drive slowly past and even stop to talk and ask questions randomly. Also the dog walkers tend to huddle around the grass where the cars are.

Yea but I've only been there a handful of times and people already drive out of there way to look at the cars and chargers and drive slowly past and even stop to talk and ask questions randomly. Also the dog walkers tend to huddle around the grass where the cars are.

I had a dog walker come up and talk to me last time I was there [NB side].

How is that windshield mount working out for you? I tried one that I had used in my Prius but I can't seem to find a decent place in my MS to mount it that doesn't obstruct my visibility.
I use one for my job as an Uber driver. It's marvelous. Placement depends on your personal preference.

Also, I swear by this model. Best one I've ever encountered:
Amazon.com: Cell Phone Holder, Quality Invent- Best Heavy Duty Mobile Car Phone Mount Holders- Easily Attach Securely to Windshield Accessories

I use one for my job as an Uber driver. It's marvelous. Placement depends on your personal preference.

Also, I swear by this model. Best one I've ever encountered:
Amazon.com: Cell Phone Holder, Quality Invent- Best Heavy Duty Mobile Car Phone Mount Holders- Easily Attach Securely to Windshield Accessories
I have a RAM mount. It's always worked great but it's a little bulky. Plus there's really not a lot of space above the dash in the MS.

Do you run power to your phone? I prefer my phone mounted where yours is but draping a cable across the steering column has always been a problem.

I have a RAM mount. It's always worked great but it's a little bulky. Plus there's really not a lot of space above the dash in the MS.

Do you run power to your phone? I prefer my phone mounted where yours is but draping a cable across the steering column has always been a problem.
Mine is mounted about two inches to the left of the mirror. It's easier to manipulate when it's that much closer to me. A USB charging cable dangles straight down and doesn't interfere with steering.

I've seen, on more than one occasion, Tesla spots being ICEd, and it's always been spots that are further away from people and the person is trying to get away from the crowd to take a quick nap or something.

We stopped at Joyce kilmer today on the way back from the outer banks. Did Corolla > Salisbury > Joyce kilmer > home (ny, near Newburgh) without a sweat. 11 hours of driving and only two charging stops.

We're headed to OBX tomorrow but taking the ICE as we have two tandems on the roof. Even if I had gotten the pano roof for the rack points the drag would preclude the Salisbury to Corolla jump. Hope the sharks stayed away :)

We're headed to OBX tomorrow but taking the ICE as we have two tandems on the roof. Even if I had gotten the pano roof for the rack points the drag would preclude the Salisbury to Corolla jump. Hope the sharks stayed away :)

Enjoy your stay!. Norfolk should make this easier in a few weeks. We stopped at the Nissan dealership chademo on the way down because we were unsure of destination charging, but it was unnecessary on the way back.

We used a 120v 15a outlet for charging at the house we rented which was plenty. Really not much driving required once you're out there.

It was my son's 3rd birthday Friday and my wife made cupcakes with shark fins on them. :)

We stopped at Joyce kilmer today on the way back from the outer banks. Did Corolla > Salisbury > Joyce kilmer > home (ny, near Newburgh) without a sweat. 11 hours of driving and only two charging stops.

nice.....did you just charge
90% on both stops? curious also to what rated mileage you get at 90% with range mode on.....and also what you get with 100%.

did you use more energy than expected?

Supercharger - New Jersey Turnpike Rest Areas - Molly Pitcher & Joyce Kilmer

nice.....did you just charge
90% on both stops? curious also to what rated mileage you get at 90% with range mode on.....and also what you get with 100%.

did you use more energy than expected?

I just set it to 100 and walked away. Traveling with 3 kids means the car is always ready to go before we are. First stop we needed 80% and left with 98%. This was at salisbury which is at a mall, but tucked away in a far corner of the lot, all the way across the mall from the food court. It's about 15 minutes of walking with the kids each way, plus time to eat lunch.

The second stop we only needed about 50% and left with 88%.

It would probably be faster overall to stop more times and charge to lower levels, but stopping for less than 30 minutes just isn't possible with kids.

Weather was good and temperatures mild, so we used less energy than projected.

I just set it to 100 and walked away. Traveling with 3 kids means the car is always ready to go before we are. First stop we needed 80% and left with 98%. This was at salisbury which is at a mall, but tucked away in a far corner of the lot, all the way across the mall from the food court. It's about 15 minutes of walking with the kids each way, plus time to eat lunch.

The second stop we only needed about 50% and left with 88%.

It would probably be faster overall to stop more times and charge to lower levels, but stopping for less than 30 minutes just isn't possible with kids.

Weather was good and temperatures mild, so we used less energy than projected.
Got it....nice....what is your rated range at 100% or 90%? Just curious if you ever even look at it