Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - North Stamford, CT

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

juliusa

Oct 6, 2013
Connecticut
Another under construction - spotted by a member of the CT Tesla Club! 1115 High Ridge Rd. Meter installed but not powered.

2019-05-21 13.57.47.jpg
2019-05-21 13.58.28.jpg

Another under construction - spotted by a member of the CT Tesla Club! 1115 High Ridge Rd. Meter installed but not powered.

[PICS]
@tes-s posted the above in the other Stamford thread (I've reuploaded the pictures below). Based on the location and it's geographical relation to the other installation under construction, I've called it North Stamford in accordance with the pin on Tesla's map. It's already on Supercharge.info (currently as "Stamford - High Ridge Rd, CT"). Looks like a great spot right off the Merritt Pkwy. and very close to being completed.

2019-05-21-13-57-47-jpg.410232

2019-05-21-13-58-28-jpg.410233

North Stamford is North of the Merritt Parkway (zipcode 06903), so this is technically not North Stamford. Unlikely Tesla will put one in North Stamford though. We'll see what Tesla names it - they are not too good with geography west of I-5.

Last edited:
North Stamford isn’t actually a town, but I guess we can consider it a separate place. Thread linked and supercharge.info updated.
We should rename it back to what it was in supercharge.info before since this is not North Stamford. I also think the name should begin with Stamford since that is where it is - even North Stamford USPS address is Stamford.

I know the area pretty well - lived less than a mile from that supercharger location for almost 30 years, and now live 7 miles from there.

Last edited:
We should rename it back to what it was in supercharge.info before since this is not North Stamford. I also think the name should begin with Stamford since that is where it is - even North Stamford USPS address is Stamford.

I know the area pretty well - lived less than a mile from that supercharger location for almost 30 years, and now live 7 miles from there.
Suggestions implemented
E73BB323-34E3-45A3-9414-A106F5BAE2E6.jpeg

Yes, with an odd angled back in configuration. Nicely located in the back of the shopping center in an area least likely to be ICEd. Not visible from the road.

Blue shows how to get in; red how to get out.
Backing into an angled parking spot can sometimes seem awkward (also illegal in some areas) and perhaps a little more work with this traffic pattern. For all the head-in parking, it's logical having those directional arrows dictating only drive north. To charge, ideally you'd want to approach and also exit these stalls while proceeding south. This northerly pattern might only turn out be a hassle when the adjacent parking spots just to the west are occupied. Still always great to see more SC locations.

Backing into an angled parking spot can sometimes seem awkward (also illegal in some areas) and perhaps a little more work with this traffic pattern. For all the head-in parking, it's logical having those directional arrows dictating only drive north. To charge, ideally you'd want to approach and also exit these stalls while proceeding south. This northerly pattern might only turn out be a hassle when the adjacent parking spots just to the west are occupied. Still always great to see more SC locations.

These spots are angled the opposite way from spots meant for head-in. While this is still a bit awkward, it will deter ICEing. This arrangement is not unique to this site, although it isn't common either.

Supercharger - Sacramento Arden Fair Mall

Reactions: HankLloydRight
How? Are ICE drivers not smart enough to understand a parking sign?

It looks like the rest of the parking spots are angled for head-in, which is a lot less effort. Therefore, there isn't a motivation for an ICE driver to park in the supercharger spots out of laziness. It won't stop those who park in those spots out of spite, of course.

Backing into an angled parking spot can sometimes seem awkward (also illegal in some areas) and perhaps a little more work with this traffic pattern.
No issue in this location. There is no traffic back there. Mostly people that work in the stores park there - customers park in the front. I didn't take a picture of the sign, but it even has a diagram showing how to do it. Basically drive past the space, then back in.
To charge, ideally you'd want to approach and also exit these stalls while proceeding south.
No, you have to be driving north. Driving south would not work - car has to be facing North-West when parked to reach the charge cable.

Once you get there you'll see how it works - I'm probably not describing it well.

No, you have to be driving north. Driving south would not work - car has to be facing North-West when parked to reach the charge cable.

Once you get there you'll see how it works - I'm probably not describing it well.
See it now. The diagonals in mociaf9's second photo adjacent to the SC cabinets are just normal ICE parking spots. North entry works for all traffic.

This one is right by a Trader Joe's. I get my groceries there every week. Super convenient and kind of out of the way. Unfortunately, this weekend I already saw two ICE vehicles parked in the charging spaces. Might be problematic during the weekends when the overflow of parking gets congested. I can also vouch for being super convenient being close to the Merritt. You can only access these chargers from the Trader Joe's side of the building as the other side is a one way.

Any one have an idea of when these bad boys will be up and running? I keep checking each weekend.