Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Ontario, OR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ll be happy when this one’s online, at least if It’s accessibility is decent. I don’t particularly like the access to the Twin Falls & even the Boise SCs & Baker OR to the new Heyburn ID is out of range (285 mi + elevation gain) for my AWD LR M3. Heyburn to Ontario & the return would work really well for me.

Ontario to Burley (212 mi) would allow one to bypass Boise entirely by going 95 & 78 to Hammet where I84 would resume. Just for the sheer joy of completely avoiding a metropolis. :p
--
It's just Boise, not Los Angeles. We don't have gridlock that needs to be avoided. You just sail on through, and the Boise Supercharger is so close it's actually visible from the interstate itself. I don't see any point in making things harder by trying to skip it.

• Funny
Reactions: NKYTA
It's just Boise, not Los Angeles. We don't have gridlock that needs to be avoided. You just sail on through, and the Boise Supercharger is so close it's actually visible from the interstate itself. I don't see any point in making things harder by trying to skip it.
The Boise Supercharger Station is so close to the freeway that it is the noisiest Supercharger Station that I visit!

Agree that traffic on I-84 through Boise is no big deal.

Reactions: otter and Rocky_H
Drove by today and now there is mounds of dirt/gravel lying on concrete. Seems like it's taken a step backwards from any progress. :(

IMG_0558.jpg

IMG_0561.jpg

I too have had a strange ability to hit Boise at rush hour. It probably only costs me 10-15 minutes each time but there's something much more aggravating about hitting a slowdown there. Probably because when I drive through Seattle, Bay Area, LA, etc. I'm expecting bad traffic, but it always seems to catch me off guard in Boise.

View attachment 573067 Monday they indicated that they were going to cut-over power to the supercharger transformer. They dug a big hole, exposed the underground cables, then parked the backhoe over the hole, like a big yellow bird brooding some eggs. That was Monday -now it is Wednesday and the have not came back.
Tesla supercharger.jpg

Finish work around supercharger like car bumper and area around chargers filled. backhoe still over hole.

tested yesterday, plugged-in but no juice. Giant mountain of dirt blocking half the stalls, no updates on the permit. Sorry no pix.

They dug a hole /exposed the under ground high voltage cables/ then covered the hole with sheets of partial boards. that was on Aug 4th.
I am guessing they needed a custom high voltage underground vault built.

Attachments

• 20200810_184052.jpg
    20200810_184052.jpg
    775.7 KB · Views: 58
  • 20200802_215725.jpg
    20200802_215725.jpg
    306.9 KB · Views: 62
Last edited: