Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Park City, UT

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is that at the bottom of town, or the top of town?

I'm ultimately nearest the Canyons, might try and hit one of the hotels there and slip a valet a 10$.

I'm not sure what charger(s) you have in your car (80, 72, 48, or 40) but the Silver Mountain Sports club location in Kimball is three independent 80amp chargers. That one is public since the lot is a separate owner than the Sports club, and that "public" stipulation was part of getting permission to put them in. Disregard the plugshare post about being for members only (gym owner wanted to cut down on freeloaders) but you can just plug in and use them, no questions asked. Although it would be nice if you bought a smoothie or something as the gym still has to pay for power. The monthly bill, thanks to demand charges, is surprisingly large. As mentioned above, there's also a pair of free CHAdeMO across the road at the transit center. If you want to borrow my CHAdeMO (if you don't have one) while you are here you are welcome to it. Shoot me a DM if you need it. I don't need it until I leave to go back east in late Oct.

This time of year (shoulder season) you would have the best luck asking at the hotels if you can charge. Most are fine with it even if the plugshare says "members only" (see above). Just be sure to tip the valet! Those kids work for pennies.

/edit. And as for the actual supercharger in Park City. Last year PC Muni changed it's permit search web portal, so now you can't look them up unless you have one active. So basically you can only look up your own project. I sent an email asking about superchargers in early Aug and the planning commission person said they haven't had any requests. I check the Town Council meeting notes every so often but haven't seen a mention there either, but honestly I only look at those once every few months. Summit County proper does have a permit list, but it's not updated too often. (It is really cool to see so much solar being installed in the county via that building permit webpage. 60 systems installed from Jan 1 - Sep 1st.)

Last edited:
I randomly bumped into the mayor today and asked him if there had been movement on the Supercharger front. He drives a Tesla so he's interested also. He said there were some offhand talks last year, but nothing formal, and things have gone silent since then. No permit applications, nothing. Bummer.

/edit. Just to add, I suggested that sudo-temporary but apparently permanent park and ride lot behind the transit center in Kimball but he said that's the County's domain, not PC proper. It was only supposed to be a temporary lot (it's not even paved) while they built the big one on Kilby road.
Screen Shot 2020-10-01 at 9.39.48 PM.png

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    18 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
Reactions: MarcoRP
It’s been 5 years since Tesla first posted it. Now, with the fresh 2022 supercharger update on the ”find us“ page, the Park City supercharger has been delayed again and now states a vague “Target Opening 2023”.
Under Tesla's new "quarterly mapping" regime, sites that have the year listed but not a specific quarter within that year should be viewed as nebulous or in limbo for some reason. My personal interpretation is that they are places where Tesla has identified and secured a hosting agreement with a property but that there is some major hold-up in the development process that may take a few years to work itself out. Examples could be things like extended engineering work needed by the utility to ensure sufficient power to the location (this may have to wait for future year spending plans to be addressed by the utility), protracted negotiations over easements (which can last forever), or that the supercharger is intended to be part of a larger future commercial development and will have to wait for that process to be finished (may take a few years to break ground or may get scrapped altogether, which probably dooms the chargers too).

The point being that they are working toward a specific site but are unable to give a targeted opening date with any sort of accuracy. They hope it will progress to construction this year, but who knows.

During the latest update to the "Find us" map, the coming soon pin from Park City has now been completely removed. Not a good sign. (Ogden is gone now also)

I have a feeling Heber -> Duchesne -> Vernal -> <???> -> Craig, CO might be the next W/E route... Vernal is a prime candidate as it links to Rock Springs WY.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Krash
As best as I can tell it's not (so far) in the Summit County Permit list, and the Park City permit system only lets you check on your own submitted applications. Maybe there is a broader way to search but I can't find it. While the service people usually aren't in the know in regards to supercharger build outs I'm gonna hope this is an exception and there truly is one coming our way soon.

Well we are #6 at the moment! Get out and vote people! Not that I really think this locks in a location, but seeing almost 900 votes for Park City gives me hope that Tesla will see there really is demand for a supercharger here. Lord knows the 10,000 ride share drivers up here all renting Teslas would love one.

Screenshot 2023-05-03 at 6.32.35 PM.png

Reactions: KJD
According to @GregD60 , Park City was a winner of the Q2 2023 Supercharging voting.

1691775464102.png

It is also on the "Find Us" Map with a target opening in 2024.
1691775583063.png

According to @GregD60 , Park City was a winner of the Q2 2023 Supercharging voting.

View attachment 964045
It is also on the "Find Us" Map with a target opening in 2024.
View attachment 964046

Sure it "won", but apparently it didn't "win" enough as it's back as an option to vote for in the new round that started a few weeks back. Also it's not doing nearly as well this go around as it did last time.

The supercharger voting thing is neat and all, but much like the "Standard/Advanced" software option in the cars, it's more of a placebo for people and really doesn't change Tesla's plans at all.

Sure it "won", but apparently it didn't "win" enough as it's back as an option to vote for in the new round that started a few weeks back. Also it's not doing nearly as well this go around as it did last time.

The supercharger voting thing is neat and all, but much like the "Standard/Advanced" software option in the cars, it's more of a placebo for people and really doesn't change Tesla's plans at all.
I think ppl dont’ understand, realize that this is the way the Tesla voting systems works.. its not single elimination or single round win wins. It’s probably single round win wins you the OPPORTUNITY to try and WIN another round. So, you/we’re going to have to continue to grass roots this and get ppl to vote again, so spread thew word.

Sadly, we sold (were forced to sell by an immovable third party to let me buy out their half interest) during the pandemic, I would have loved to still have the place but we’re spending less time in PC than before, unfortunately.

It's inevitable that PC will someday get a supercharger. Heber also is very likely as the buildout is clearly inching along US40/US191 westward out of Colorado. Duschene/Roosevelt are also highly probable (really both at some point) even though they aren't involved with "voting". Especially Duschene as it forks the road that heads down to Price.

/edit. I'm still kinda shocked the Ogden area doesn't have anything planned yet either.

It's inevitable that PC will someday get a supercharger. Heber also is very likely as the buildout is clearly inching along US40/US191 westward out of Colorado. Duschene/Roosevelt are also highly probable (really both at some point) even though they aren't involved with "voting". Especially Duschene as it forks the road that heads down to Price.

/edit. I'm still kinda shocked the Ogden area doesn't have anything planned yet either.
Since you have been tracking potential SC locations in PC for many years, do you know if this location in the Quarry Village in Pinebrook has ever been submitted to or considered by Tesla?

Since you have been tracking potential SC locations in PC for many years, do you know if this location in the Quarry Village in Pinebrook has ever been submitted to or considered by Tesla?
You are referring to this one? All I know when it comes to Park City and Tesla is that given the limited location options (at least compared to Salt Lake City) most land owners have already been approached over the years regarding hosting a site. Based on my (granted years ago) conversations with the previous mayor, lots of places wanted to host, but weren't deemed appropriate or eligible (too $$$ to build). The perfect host sites showed little to no interest based on whatever terms Tesla offered at the time. How that has changed over the years is anyones guess. I sound like a broken record in this thread talking about how Kimball is the perfect spot but it really is. Hopefully one of the many land owners in that zone decides to get on board or Tesla agrees to whatever terms are holding them back from an agreement.

Regardless we all know it's not "IF" but "WHEN" for the Park City area. Just might take a few years.

/edit. Also I have no idea the what the larger power infrastructure situation is for this area. That's another huge wildcard. A perfect spot without enough juice doesn't help.

Last edited:
You are referring to this one? All I know when it comes to Park City and Tesla is that given the limited location options (at least compared to Salt Lake City) most land owners have already been approached over the years regarding hosting a site. Based on my (granted years ago) conversations with the previous mayor, lots of places wanted to host, but weren't deemed appropriate or eligible (too $$$ to build). The perfect host sites showed little to no interest based on whatever terms Tesla offered at the time. How that has changed over the years is anyones guess. I sound like a broken record in this thread talking about how Kimball is the perfect spot but it really is. Hopefully one of the many land owners in that zone decides to get on board or Tesla agrees to whatever terms are holding them back from an agreement.

Regardless we all know it's not "IF" but "WHEN" for the Park City area. Just might take a few years.

/edit. Also I have no idea the what the larger power infrastructure situation is for this area. That's another huge wildcard. A perfect spot without enough juice doesn't help.
Yes, sorry I didn’t check this thread that far back. Maybe with the outlets center upgrades it will happen there.