Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Pasadena, CA (LIVE 26 Nov 2019, 24 urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yup Paseo Starbucks is closed. Only starbucks open in my area now are ones with Drive Thru.
Last Friday March 24th, I was able to charge and walk into the mall area. Some restaurants are open, could ask them for validation.
Yard House was very nice they let me validate, they were offering To Go and now beer is available to be take out!

Reactions: ScottRoberts33
4/3/2020 - Just went again earlier. Structure still open, but do have to pay for parking like I did $3 for charging.
However you can check restaurants in Paseo to see if they will validate, also I meant March 27th last friday, Yard House was open for validation but you probably can't get validation if the restaurants are closed.

• Informative
Reactions: lUtriaNt
Now the mall only offers 20 mins free parking for curb-side pick up.
The Paseo

And based on starbucks website/app, the Starbucks inside Paseo is open now.
Starbucks®

Don't quote me as information maybe stale or incorrect under current circumstances.
I charged last night. The 20 minutes of free parking doesn't require validation. Just get your ticket into the exit reader before your 20 minutes is up and the gate opens up for you. You won't get a full charge, but if you drive around the block you can do it again for another 20 minutes.

I charged last night. The 20 minutes of free parking doesn't require validation. Just get your ticket into the exit reader before your 20 minutes is up and the gate opens up for you. You won't get a full charge, but if you drive around the block you can do it again for another 20 minutes.

Just a note - at another supercharger (can't remember which one), Tesla owners repeatedly pulling this trick resulted in the centre operator removing this benefit. Make sure you don't ruin it for everyone!

• Informative
Reactions: lUtriaNt
I stopped here Monday past because Burbank and Glendale were closed due to the current unrest and this place was great!! I was at 15% and charged to 80%. took about 35-40 minutes but a solid 68kwh with a mostly full tesla lot. you feel every car driving up and down the garage. first time i felt it i thought it was a mild earthquake. :p

FINAL REPORT
City of Pasadena’s Maintenance Yards and Marengo Charging Plaza Charging Infrastructure Projects

http://www.cleantransportationfundi...inal-reports-2020-07/Final_Report_ML18079.pdf

Here's a report prepared by the City of Pasadena regarding the charging plaza project and lessons learned. There's not really much there, but those who followed the planning/build progress super closely might be interested in some minor stuff. You can skip all the stuff about the Maintenance Yards project as that wasn't directly related.

Anyone here think we can get the City or Mall to install a canopy cover on the roof. Like the Supercharger located at One Paseo Mall in Del Mar, CA. The last few days have been really hot up there.

The sun goes from East to West parallel with the rows, so a canopy would be pretty effective. I'll shoot an email off to a city contact I have to see if anything is in the works. SPV is likely not on the table, a regular canopy seems more likely.

RT

• Love
Reactions: SilverSp33d3r
The sun goes from East to West parallel with the rows, so a canopy would be pretty effective. I'll shoot an email off to a city contact I have to see if anything is in the works. SPV is likely not on the table, a regular canopy seems more likely.

RT

No canopy planned in the foreseeable future per the City. Unless someone with a fat wallet who sunburns easily sets up a GoFundMe page. Thankfully, winter is coming.

RT

Last edited: