TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharger - Plano, Texas

Discussion in 'Texas Supercharger locations' started by bollar, Nov 2, 2017.

1. TMC Bubba

TMC Bubba Member

You may be able to charge at the Dallas SuC on he 24th — they’re farther along than Plano

2. LCR1

LCR1 Active Member

#62 LCR1, Mar 12, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
    That's the other one I was looking at, This is just easier since it's literally down the road. The arlington one isn't horrible either. I may do the math and see what I need to just hit corsicana there and back.

Actually, how do you even get to Plano without taking the toll road?

3. Boourns

Boourns Active Member

Coming from Houston you'll take 75 north, which is what 45 turns into. Then you'll exit Legacy in Plano and take that west for quite a few miles.

4. TMC Bubba

TMC Bubba Member

One more option: come out to the Grand Opening of the Southlake Supercharger on Saturday morning the 24th. The NTTOG will be there with the mayor & other dignitaries. Afterward we will head to the Dallas SuC and brunch at the Houndstooth Cafe (Houndstooth Coffee).

• Like x 2
  5. achilles992000

i drove by today to look at the Plano supercharger. i got too excited. 6 of 12 pedestals are up.
    one guy is working.
    but glad we are making progress.

6. bollar

bollar Disgruntled Member

Assuming they're commissioned -- let's hope so!

• Like x 1
  7. MarkDFW

MarkDFW Member

Swung by this morning. All 12 pedestals are up. 4 people working there today. They told me “it should be opening real soon” so things are making a lot of progress.

• Like x 2
    • Informative x 1
  8. BrandonR22

BrandonR22 Member

Gate is down, It’s a gorgeous day and four people working.
    However, he’s eating on the job... no wonder it’s taking so long ‍♀️

Attached Files:

• Like x 1
  9. TMC Bubba

TMC Bubba Member

D71D27F1-CB99-40C5-8F61-DBE53DC07B57.jpeg Forget what I said about 3 more weeks. The boss said he’s going home tomorrow. He doesn’t know when the site will be commissioned however — a Tesla employee is needed for that. Striping is complete and the fence is down. They will not fence in the cabinets but will install a couple of bollards instead. There will be no curbs for the parking slots so be careful backing in. No meter yet, so we’re waiting on Oncor.

• Informative x 3
    • Like x 2
    • Love x 1
  10. thenaimis

thenaimis Former Tesla Cheerleader

I'm at the Texas Pinball Festival this weekend, and it's just up the road from this location. I'd meant to check out all three in the area (here, Southlake, Dallas) in any case while I was here, but it's good to know one is that close. Shame it's not open yet, though.

11. nwfan

nwfan Member

Saturday morning, No power, thirsty Model S wanting electric juice,

IMG_1408.jpg

• Like x 2
  12. thenaimis

Kind of odd that the power supply is as open as it is. If there were workers on site I'd probably be getting yelled at for poking around.

13. achilles992000

Yee-haw, almost ready!

What's the charge rate on these babies?

14. Cnasty

Cnasty Active Member

I'll never need these as I am very close to this location but nice to see more of these popping up in the area with Southlake, Dallas, and now Plano.

15. thenaimis

I went by there this weekend. It was my first time seeing the urban chargers in person, so that was kind of cool. But, this is probably going to be one of those locations that first timers struggle with. If past history is any indication, the Tesla voice directions will get you to the corner of the street there and leave you to your own devices. In my case, I remembered it being up on top of the garage, but even that knowledge only helped a little bit since the garage isn't readily visible from the street. I hope that at some point Tesla will improve the situation with directing people to the superchargers.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  16. Electroman

Electroman Well-Known Member

That one is going to be hard to get to that area, because its a pretty busy place with so many restaurants and such, and on top of that you need to find the multi story lot and also have the knowledge that it is in the top floor.

17. bollar

bollar Disgruntled Member

#77 bollar, Mar 19, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
    Yes. I knew exactly where it was and had problems finding it the first time.

• Like x 1
  18. achilles992000

Tesla has to put some information on how to get to these chargers.

i had trouble finding them too. i parked and walked up the steps to see them. but couldn't figure how to get to the top of the garage in the car. i knew where they were due to the helpful pics on here.

19. andystj

andystj S: P957 X: P337

There is still a work van up there, but I believe everything is completed but for the meter. All the temporary storage and gear has been moved out and cleaned up. Nobody working. I borrowed my wife's new toy to get some pictures of the urban Supercharge setup. Thumbnails show some alternate views.
    Plano Urban Supercharger (3).jpg
    Plano Urban Supercharger (5).jpg Plano Urban Supercharger (4).jpg Plano Urban Supercharger (2).jpg Plano Urban Supercharger (1).jpg Plano Supercharger.jpg
    Plano Urban Supercharger (6).jpg

• Informative x 2
    • Like x 2
  20. TMC Bubba

TMC Bubba Member

Ha! We missed each other by minutes. Do you suppose we could jumper that meter? (kidding)

• Funny x 2